Flipping Ships

Twidget

Commander
That was my impression also. There is a little too much 'reality' in the show.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Actually, I am really tired of the whole reality thing, I have had way to much reality in my life in the last 50+ years, I would like a little non-reality these days, which is why I spend time on my boat with a cold adult beverage and dream about catching the big one and heck, I don't even like to eat fish!

:faint2:

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
I've seen all 3 episodes. Pros - they're restoring boats Cons - WAY too much fluff, they've got a guy who is a total rip off of uncle Sy on duck dynasty and they spend about 10% of the show recapping what already went on in the show.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I've seen all 3 episodes. Pros - they're restoring boats Cons - WAY too much fluff, they've got a guy who is a total rip off of uncle Sy on duck dynasty and they spend about 10% of the show recapping what already went on in the show.

I thought the same thing about the guy acting and looking like Sy.
I watched the episode on a rat rod boat. So they take a 60 model boat and paint it and clean it up but they didn't mention 1 time about fixing a rotten transom or replacing the deck or new foam. Then they take a rivet gun and shoot all kinds of rivets below the waterline when their done with the boat. WTF.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I've watched most of the 4 shows. Last night they did the worst job. The Rat Rod ultimate fishing boat idea was fine, the execution was more than poor. Not one word about converting from a White Leg Of Death to a Merc, The top chop was silly causing the console to be moved into the fishing deck and the huge hood used for a dog house, along with all the other stuff made a small area even smaller. I had one of these and the area isn't very large with the standard size dog house let alone moving the helm - They made it worse.

Did you see that it wouldn't get on plane because all the weight and crew was moved aft? An Aristocraft 9Teen is a nice handling boat and they screwed that up.

bassman284

Commander
Actually, I am really tired of the whole reality thing, I have had way to much reality in my life in the last 50+ years, I would like a little non-reality these days, which is why I spend time on my boat with a cold adult beverage and dream about catching the big one and heck, I don't even like to eat fish!

:faint2:
I guess I'm tired of the reality thing although I'm not sure why because I never watch them. My last reality experience was about 8 or 9 years ago when I watched about 5 minutes of Survivor. I still have a slight pain in my head from the stupidity.

One I really enjoyed for awhile was Ice road Truckers when it first started up but eventually somebody decided,"Whoa! We need drama! We need conflict!" and then the stupidity kicked in.

fishrdan

Admiral
When I heard the title I thought, there is not way to "flip" a boat as it costs more to restore than they are worth, most at least. Though, if you have someone else paying for everything including your labor it's feasible, but then it's not "flipping".....

Twidget

Commander
I have now seen 4 episodes and they seem to be on the down hill decline. Who would have thought they could get much lower than the camper boat..