Nascar - Race #11 - Looking For Dorothy In Kansas

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Danica did well, but has to go to the back for an engine change...

aspeck

Staff member
I was hunting for a dementia patient that escaped the local nursing facility ... missed it all. (We found him and he was fine ... sleeping in the back yard of a house about 1 mile from the facility, close to where he lived before going to the facility.)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I was hunting for a dementia patient that escaped the local nursing facility ... missed it all. (We found him and he was fine ... sleeping in the back yard of a house about 1 mile from the facility, close to where he lived before going to the facility.)

And I gripe and complain about not being able to watch these races on FS1 and NBCSN. :doh: Good on ya, aspeck and thankfully a happy type ending. Poor guy. :blue:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
What is the love affair with NASCAR and the Waltrips? Mikey calls the truck and Xfinity races, Darrell(boogity, boogity, boogity.... :facepalm:) calls Cup. And we hear plenty of Mikey in Cup too. I hope the Waltrips have a board strapped to their behind because thy're so far up NASCAR's butt they're going to need it.

Good job Artman! I'm with GA, poor guy..........

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well I think anytime, you don't grad HS and you still have an opportunity to make millions over the course of your career, you might be beholding to those that allowed to raise above your normal pay grade.

aspeck

Staff member
I agree with you, MT. As for the Waltrips, I don't mind Daryl, but Mikey, that is another story!

GA_Boater

One nice thing about listening on MRN or PRN - No Waltrips. It's the only good thing. Sorry, 'speck. Here I go, moaning again.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You know it is kind of funny and I have thought about many times over the years, If Dale had not been killed, would he now be a TV announcer? After meeting him in person and having lunch with him in January not long before he got killed, I really don't think he would have made a good TV personality, it is almost scary, to think we could be sitting griping about Earnhart SR. instead of Waltrip..

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I wish Mikey would go back to running his team. He must have people in place to do everything for him..... He's more interested in tv....... You sure don't see Hendrick, Rousch, Gibbs, Childress doing what Mikey does, not that he's on the same playing field with any of those owners........

Edit: I don't think Sr would ever have accepted an announcer role, he's not that type.....

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I just look at it this way, it is what is is and it is what we have to deal with, I can tune them out at will, for the most part, I don't even notice them.

I can say, if I could be as dumb as Mikey and make the money he does, guess where I would be sitting.!

:joyous:

The one I really hated, was Sam Posey, now that was a dumb announcer!

:laugh:

Last edited:

GA_Boater

A retired driver turned announcer I really liked was Benny Parsons. RIP