Nascar - Race #11 - Looking For Dorothy In Kansas

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Special Notuce for WIMUSKY - This week features the return of Truck racing. It seems like after a lifetime, The Camping World Series are back in action.

And a Cup race too. No XFINITY, they get the week off. The races are the Truck Toyota Tundra 250 Friday night and the Cup SpongeBob SquarePants 400 Saturday night. I don't make all this stuff up.

Here is the schedule from MRN;

kans.PNG

All the televised activity is on Fox Sucky 1. :blue: I'll be using MRN so I can hear the racing.

44 teams will be aiming for the 43 starting spots. So who goes home? Will Jeb Burton make the race?

Weather looks like it will be in play this weekend. Pretty good chance of severe weather, too. Sure hope for clear sailing regardless of any race. Here's the forecast through Monday for KC;

kc wx.PNG

News & Notes
  • RCR and the #31 team lost their final appeal today. So all the suspensions and fine resulting from Tiregate go into full effect starting with Kansas.
  • Kevin Harvick thinks Nascar racing is "stagnant" and needs some new life. New tracks like Iowa and more road courses. One interesting idea is a Wild Card race that would be run at different tracks like The Milwaukee Mile that don't currently have a Nascar date. Nascar's response can be summed up in two words - BS.
  • David Ragan is starting his new full time ride in the #55 as the long term sub for Brian Vicker. Erik Jones will be subbing for Ragan, who was subbing for Kyle Busch in the #18. I feel like I'm watching Das Boot or Crimson Tide on DVR.
  • When Chase Elliott takes over the #24 next season, NAPA will be his primary sponsor. The deal runs through the 2018 campaign
  • Talladega TV ratings were down from last year, Seems to be a continuing trend, I don't see any improvement this week with the race being carried on FS1.
  • Carl Edwards is upset that a yellow flag wasn't thrown following his spin in the final lap At Talladega. Naturally!
  • Kyle Busch tested a Late Model, sparking rumors that he was returning to the #18 seat soon. He squelched the rumors, saying he would not be racing this weekend.
  • Did a Tin Foil hat cause a caution at Talldega? Conspiracy Theorists be the judge - http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/vide...d=440768579539

iboats Fantasy Live
  • 64osby won the week by holding off Jip and aspeck to take home the :first: prize. Congrats 64.
  • New overall leader. aspeck is holding a slim 4.5 lead over QC. I swear on Tuesday when the official results came out it only a half point advantage. I'm :confused:

Watch out for the sub driver changes and get all your picks made before the start of the Saturday night Cup race. Good luck all.

Humpster_Boater Toto, Toto, here Toto

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Hmmm, I was sure it was only a 0.5 point lead also ... geee, must have spread out the field on the cool down lap! HA!

Hey Hump, your piccies not worky!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
"notice", notuce :facepalm:

Good, trucks are back. Now we can see some action and hard driving from flag to flag.

Yep, Jeb will probably be the only one not to make the race......

GA_Boater

No pics - I do 'em the same way every week. :facepalm:

The Cup qualifying has a surprise. Logano got the pole and the rest of the top twelve are Kahne. Keso, Truex Jr, Edwards, Harvick, Biffle, Busch, McMurray, Larson, Gordon and Jones. Gaughan is going home. The Surprise - Jeb Burton qualified all on his own, starting 33rd.

Just when it was thought that things couldn't get worse in Nascar, the Grand Marshall and Honorary Pace Car Drive for the all-Star race was announced. Guy Fieri!

GA_Boater

It sounded like the last 20 laps or so of the truck race would have been good to watch. Crafton takes the checkers after Erik Jones led 151 of the 167 laps.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Eric Jones ran out of gas, then the 19 ran out too. That opened the door for Crafton. They were dropping like flies. Jones by far had the fastest car. At one point he was 11-12 seconds ahead of 2nd.....

GA_Boater

Jayski is saying that Jones may only have one start in the 18. Busch could be back in the saddle for the All-Star race next Saturday at Charlotte..

64osby

Admiral
EJ certainly had the fastest truck last night, but as #3 used to say the fastest doesn't always win.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just got home in time for Cup. Started mowing for the first time this year. Wife is an hour away with the daughter having an early Mothers Day. So it's just me and the pooch.:D Putting the pizza in the oven as we speak, Pepsi is cold and paused the race for now. Time to kick back and enjoy the race, in peace and quiet!:laugh:

GA_Boater

Then you missed the first yellow after Yeley spins

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yep, going to find the couch and start the race, I'll see it... BTW, the pooch likes mushrooms. She must be my dog, definitely not the wifes...:laugh:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, I missed it. Another show auto tuned so I have to watch the race where it is live now! %$#$&* &^^((*@#

GA_Boater

You need a 5th grader to tune your DVR, Musky. :lol:

64osby

Admiral
Our pooch won't anything but meat. Won't even eat a potato chip. All my old dogs have been vacuum cleaners.

Sure hoping the rain changes the track a lot. Looks like I'm going to need some help to score tonight.

GA_Boater

SpongeBob SquarePants is now SpongeBob WetPants. MRN dropped the broadcast until 10PM.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
According to my radar, the rain is about done. You're lucky GA, you don't have to listen to Mikey. I might see what else is on for a while.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
There's tornado watches and warnings in western Kansas........