Dog Pee on lawn..

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer
One thing about sugar application to the lawn is it may attract grubs which oddly enough will also give a brown spot. Are your spots in shade or sun? You may just need to apply a fungus treatment.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
MIx up a TableSpoon of Baking Soda in his/her water every morning. It'll neutralize the acid in the "Pee" and take care of your Grass problems!!!;)

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Cat's don't pee on the grass. Bentley? Someone would really name a dog Bentley ... :eek:

SDSeville

Lieutenant
MRS, It has been almost a month since I did the sugar treatment. I did a second one 2 weeks later. It seemed to make a significant difference. It did not turn the brown spots green. However it turned the areas around the brown spots green and seemed to speed up the regrowth inside the spots. I think I will continue the every other week treatment for a while. I have been buying the cheepo brand sugar at the grocery store for $1.97 for 5 lbs. I used 5 pounds in each treatment, so I am in for $3.96. The magic stuff they sell online is like $60 per treatment.

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer
I used Grassology grass seed this spring, and it grew where I had brown spots from prior years.
I have a couple of areas away from the grass for dog leak areas, and as long as I make sure the dog gets there without delay, it works.

Ain't no perfection anywhere!

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I too was told males wouldn't make brown spots. Total BS. Most males will pee on a post, tree, fence ect so it won't show up as well. Ours will pee out in the middle of the yard at times. Brown spot. Heck I had a ritual of going out with the dog at night and I was peeing off the porch(it's a man thing,LOL) It killed the lawn were I was going. I had to relocate. Nick, dog, doesn't care.

hostage

Lieutenant
If it is a male, the peeing in one spot tends to be the problem as my dog likes to remark his fence post. I have been thinking of buying a traffic cone or something that I just move around the lawn and encourage him to pee on it. that way you don't end up with a couple areas of very highly saturated brown spots.

SDSeville

Lieutenant
Here are some pics of my lawn after almost a couple months of the sugar treatment (3 treatments to date). It still looks bad in spots but overall it looks way better. Sorry no before pics, but you could see a lot of dirt where nothing would grow in the old brown spots. Since the lawn is so small (and we have 2 female dogs), it looked like it would be completely gone in another few months or so. Also, I have not fertilized this lawn in over a year.
IMG_1903.JPG

The lawn destroyers!!
IMG_1898.JPG