AOADD: Adult Onset Attention Deficit Disorder

Tyme2fish

Commander
AOADD: Adult Onset Attention Deficit Disorder

I went out to the boat barn this afternoon to clean out the boat from my last trip and to prepare what to take to Wisconsin. Sounded like a simple enough task.

I removed the rods from the starboard rod locker and stacked them to the side. I was still searching for a rod that had my new spinning reel on it. I finally found it in the port rod locker. Huh? I never put rods in that locker.

I know I need to take some spinner-baits up north and located the spinner-bait box. I looked at a few of the baits and then figured I should sharpen their hooks. That lead me to try and locate my hook sharpener that's located somewhere on my pegboard that spans the end wall of the boat barn. As I looked for the hook sharpener I also figured I needed to find my assortment of spinner-bait trailers and my box of spinner-bait skirts.

While looking for those items I spotted some stand-up jig-heads that I want to take.

After all was said and done, I didn't sharpen any hooks, I never found the hook sharpener. I'm still looking for the spinner-bait trailers and the box of skirts.

I did,however, sit down and watch the T.V. in the barn that had the NASCAR race running.

My boat barn might be organized but my brain is not.

woodstockmarine

Seaman Apprentice
Not'n better then putterin around in the Boat Barn. Actually sounds like you got a lot done. You found your rod with the new spinning reel and found them Jig Heads.... thats Sumthin. and you got to see a race to boot....Sounds like a good day to me...

dwco5051

Commander
I find that looking for something I need right away can be a very pleasurable experience because of the thrill I often get when I find some item that I thought I lost years ago. It seems to temper the frustration of not being able to locate what I was looking for in the first place.

Jeep Man

Commander
What ever it's called, I got it. Finally getting mobile enough to do some house chores. Decided I need to find my workbench in the basement.It's been piled high with things that don't belong for far to long. Well.....it started there. So far I've vacuumed up all the cobwebs in the basement, and there were many, re-stacked, sorted and relocated my board stock, swept and vacuumed the basement floor, rearranged the storage shelf, resurrected the dehumidifier, cleaned the windows down there, went through my tool box and re-arranged it, Found my college diploma and post grad certificates, cleared out some useless junk, did a few loads of laundry along the way and cleaned the filters on the furnace. Heck, I even polished the tap on the laundry sink just because it was brass. Maybe tomorrow I'll get back to the workbench.

82rude

Rear Admiral
we call it c.r.a.f.t also.cant remember a *&^%$^ thing! I havnt seen my cell phone for 2 months.i know soon as I get another one it will show up so this time im being stubborn.notice how I said this time?