Nascar - Race #9 - The Toyota Series At Richmond

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Race week 9 coming from Richmond International Raceway with Cup and X-Men. Lets get this out of the way; rich.PNG

Forecast is calling for the wet stuff starting about 1PM Saturday through about 9PM Sunday.. Monday looks good and while I don't show it, Tuesday is perfect.

Sort of odd scheduling this week. The Cup Toyota Owners 400 is Saturday night and the X-Men Toyota Care 250 is Friday night. Usually with a race schedule like this, things kick off on Thursday. For this set of races, all practices and qualifying take place on Friday. Here is the MRN schedule;
Date
Event
Time
Radio/TV
FRI 4/24​
XFINITY Series Final Practice​
8:15 a.m. - 10:25 a.m.​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
11:00 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Final Practice​
1:00 p.m. - 2:25 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
XFINITY Series Qualifying​
3:45 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Qualifying​
5:45 p.m.​
MRN/FS1 (5:30)​
Radio Pre-Race​
7:00 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race (RaceDay)​
FS1​
XFINITY Series ToyotaCare 250
7:30 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
Green Flag​
7:46 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
SAT 4/25​
Radio Pre-Race​
6:00 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race​
6:00 p.m.​
FOX​
Sprint Cup Series Toyota Owners 400
MRN/FOX​
Green Flag​
7:14 p.m.​
MRN/FOX​
45 teams are on the entry list for Richmond, including Chase Elliott in his second Cup attempt or practice to take over the #24 next year. Travis Kvapil is not on the list...again.

News and Notes
  • Denny Hamlin says he's fine and will run the race. This is after having Erik Jones sub for him at Bristol after he bailed during the long rain red flag suffering from neck spasms.
  • Nascar says they will do what they can to allow Kyle Busch to take part in the Chase, depending when he returns and meets the Chase rule changes set up last year.
  • RCR still has no date for the final #31 Tiregate appeal hearing. So the whole crew is working Richmond.
  • Where would we be if Nascar wasn't changing rules. They issued new ones regarding transmissions, rear gear and radio comms between the driver, crew chief and spotter. The trans and gear changes will be treated like engine changes, to the back if changed and it eliminates qualifying gear ratios
  • TV ratings for Bristol were in the toilet, primarily because of the long rain delay, and switch to Fox Sucky 1 coverage.

iboats Fantasy Live

Yours truly managed to make decent roster changes and pull one out of the fire to take the week. Of course the :first: is lost in the mail.
Aspeck moved up to head the overall ranking.

So make your changes and sit with us during what might be a long rain delay on Sunday. Good luck all.​
Humpy_Boater, iboats Nascar reporter and rain maker. :doh:

Last edited:

FlaCowboy

Ensign
:gossip: ....pssssstt...GA...it was Erik Jones that took Hamlins place last week :facepalm: :D

Congrats again GA for the :first: place last week.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
BTW...GA...you do a Excellent job on keeping all of us up on the racing stuff...Thanks for all the work you put in to it :)

GA_Boater

Don't know what you're talkin' about Cowboy, I see Erik Jones up there. :rolleyes: :lol:

Cup qualifying is finished. Joey Logano is on the pole, followed by Hamlin (not Erik Jones or Brett Moffitt :smile:), Busch, Allmendinger, Harvick, Truex Jr., Keselowski, Kenseth, McMurray, Ragan, Gordon and Larson. I double checked. :joyous: Brett Moffitt, yes that Brett Moffitt, is the highest qualifying rookie in 14th.

Chase Elliott is starting 16th. Jeb Burton and Brendon Gaughan are going home. Sorry Musky, but he has to qualify better with no owner points to fall back on.

X_Men are 50 laps into the 250 with Hamlin leading.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not sure if it's Jeb or the equipment. Maybe both. Even when he races he's at the back of the pack, literally.....

Caution, seriously. He got in the marbles and I don't think he even touched the wall. 2nd caution, 1st one was for a spring rubber......

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Now that looked like a hot fire. Lucky no one was hurt..... Real lucky...

GA_Boater

Got a little out of sequence up there. Thanks, Cowboy. I try to make it half interesting, even when I miss. :doh:

GA_Boater

Nah - Through my desk top speakers. That's the MRN stream logo for this race. Do you think I would drive a Tundra? :behindsofa:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Nah - Through my desk top speakers. That's the MRN stream logo for this race. Do you think I would drive a Tundra? :behindsofa:

I wouldn't........:laugh:

Dominant Denny..............

GA_Boater

What a poor job by Denny. He let Scott and Sadler lead a lap each.

GA_Boater

I just saw a video of the fire. That could have been nasty or nastier, A couple of crew guys went to the hospital for treatment and observation.

Did you get hurt, lckstckn?

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I just saw a video of the fire. That could have been nasty or nastier, A couple of crew guys went to the hospital for treatment and observation.

Did you get hurt, lckstckn?

No.
I was one of the first to wear a fire suit, when I started I was going over the wall in jeans, tee shirt and gym shoes. When I finished I was wearing a 3 layer fire suit, nomex / carbon x long underwear, socks, baklava and mechanix wear pit gloves and boots. I always introduced myself to the fireman assigned to my pit and made a plan of what I and the gas man were going to do in case there was a fire.

GA_Boater

Hey Musky - Jeb is in the race. Taking over the #23 of JJ Yeley.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Winston cup, Nextel cup, Sprint cup, Busch, Nationwide, Craftsman, Camping world, Goodies dash, Arca and ASA.

That's awesome! Can you drop some names?

Hey Musky - Jeb is in the race. Taking over the #23 of JJ Yeley.

Good! Kev should be pleased too. Sure would like to see him out there in his own ride tho...... You get to WATCH it tonite........:car: :rockon:

Last edited:

GA_Boater

You get to WATCH it tonite........
car.gif

No I don't. Neither do you. Tomorrow @1 on Fox.

After they finish drying the track - If it quits when the WX guys say, about Noon.