A little red truck.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
I don't know if any of you good people remember the topics in which a little red truck played a big role. The poster, who posted under the name Ray was banned because he was a bit too far on the far side. Me I just wonder if anybody else remembers the little red truck and if it ever did tow a boat.

Is that Techno-Ray you are refering to?

Twidget

Commander
You're not hijacking anything, you just opened the next page on this thread. I remember the handle Twidget, but as for Skrapper I'm at a loss.
Strange how things go. There was Mellow Yellow, as it turns out we launched out of the same launch quite often and even said hello a few times, but neither of us was aware the other's alter ego.

Its nice to be remembered. :joyous: I haven't been here in several years. I see a lot of familiar names and noticed too many have 'passed on'.

Skrappy used to do a lot of cut and paste jokes. I think his whole handle was Skrapper64. A really nice guy.

nwcove

Admiral
interesting read ! i think the forum needs a " enter at your own risk section" , nothing over the top allowed, but ???? lol

achris

More fish than mountain goat
interesting read ! i think the forum needs a " enter at your own risk section" , nothing over the top allowed, but ???? lol

That's what DC use to be. Until it got sanitised. It really was a 'free-for-all'. Nothing barred; guns, politics, religion. Got heated real quick. Plenty of us got 'sin-binned' in the process. I remember sitting out for 2 weeks when JB (RIP) bought the hammer down on me. Ahhh, those were the days... :rolleyes: I remember more than once getting up out of my chair seriously steamed at some drongo or other...

Mods were asked to 'clean it up' quite a long time ago. Now we have forum guidelines on subjects considered taboo ^^^ and we guide the topic around to a less controversial tone. Not that we can't reminisce.... :D :D

Chris.....

rolmops

Vice Admiral
. Ahhh, those were the days... :rolleyes: I remember more than once getting up out of my chair seriously steamed at some drongo or other...

Mods were asked to 'clean it up' quite a long time ago. Now we have forum guidelines on subjects considered taboo ^^^ and we guide the topic around to a less controversial tone. Not that we can't reminisce.... :D :D

Chris.....

For all of us who are not from down under,can you please define the term "drongo" and explain how it is family friendly?

achris

For all of us who are not from down under,can you please define the term "drongo" and explain how it is family friendly?

Someone blessed with a few less brain cells than normal.

I would love to know what it means in your mind....

Chris.....

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Well..,the Os and the R make it sound derogatory like a creature who does not quite manage standing on 2 legs even though he should have mastered it eons ago,while at the same time there is the connection to the "Hitchhikers guide to the universe" where Arthur Dent,just as planet earth is demolished, is picked up in a spaceship belonging to unfriendly creatures who punish people by making them listen to their poetry.Vogon Poetry that is.Then there is the more friendly sounding term "Just a sandwich short of a picnic", but somehow although it seems right,at the same time it does not have the same sounds as the Os and the Rs of Drongo. Mybe the character "Mongol" out of "Blazing Saddles" is closest.
Do we connect here?
But then again,ROlmOps is just a harmless herring wrapped around a pickle.

Last edited:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, imho, the whole forum was a livelier place then. I think that people who liked to jump into the ring were more likely then to post topics in other catagories. There were many epic posts in other sections during that time.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
....... I remember more than once getting up out of my chair seriously steamed at some drongo or other.......

Could I have possibly fit the definition of 'drongo'.?...back in the day of course.:fear:

Jeep Man

Commander
Someone blessed with a few less brain cells than normal.

I would love to know what it means in your mind....

Chris.....

So in other words......an IDIOT.
This is like the forum of a few years ago. A thread about nothing that goes on forever. I miss those timesT

achris

Well..,the Os and the R make it sound derogatory like a creature who does not quite manage standing on 2 legs even though he should have mastered it eons ago,while at the same time there is the connection to the "Hitchhikers guide to the universe" where Arthur Dent,just as planet earth is demolished, is picked up in a spaceship belonging to unfriendly creatures who punish people by making them listen to their poetry.Vogon Poetry that is.Then there is the more friendly sounding term "Just a sandwich short of a picnic", but somehow although it seems right,at the same time it does not have the same sounds as the Os and the Rs of Drongo. Mybe the character "Mongol" out of "Blazing Saddles" is closest.
Do we connect here?
But then again,ROlmOps is just a harmless herring wrapped around a pickle.

Shortly before being suck out of the air lock, to die a horrible death in the vacuum of space. But in the crucial 30 seconds they were rescue by a passing ship. The starship "Heart of Gold', with its 'infinite improbability drive'....

And yes, I'm more than familiar with rollmops. I catch the herring and pickle them myself.... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

But them again, maybe you are referring to 'Dong', the Vietnamese currency????

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Shortly before being suck out of the air lock, to die a horrible death in the vacuum of space. But in the crucial 30 seconds they were rescue by a passing ship. The starship "Heart of Gold', with its 'infinite improbability drive'....
Man Chris ... you're a guy who really knows where his towel is. :thumb: