Stanley Cup chase is on

82rude

Rear Admiral
ducks, 3 goals in 37 seconds while I was sitting at my comp checking something out .wow.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Another OT! Not a big hockey an but this could put me into cardiac arrest! Very exciting all the way around.

angus63

Captain
I have been self medicating prior to Ranger elimination games. Helps....

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Have never been a big hockey fan but I have to admit this has been some of the most exciting competitions I have seen in a long time in any sport!
Sorry Bruce but being from the Chicago area I have to pull for the Hawks. Though I see it as your Ducks have been all over them, more physical. Win or lose I will enjoy this.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Not a huge Ducks fan since I am a Kings fan but I will take them over the Hawks or the Rangers any day!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Again not being hockey fan but more of an observer I've found this a lot more exciting than watching a baseball game as of late. Fast pace, lots of action. Too bad football couldn't pick up the pace like this!

Back until a few years ago the local networks here in Chicago aired very few hockey games. Which I think caused interest to decline. Same now with WGN and the Cubs. I couldn't even tell you who their star players are right now.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I though BlackHawks had huge interest in Chicago! Amazing how many BlackHawks fans go to games when they are in LA!

I am a Dodger fan and even I know about Kris Bryant from the Cubs.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Game 7 coming.

Out of touch here. What's a Kris Bryant? Last CUBS game I've seen was the last time they got slapped around by the Southsiders!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Couple of game 7's to look forward to. Whoever ends up going through will hopefully make for a great and entertaining final !!!! Both semi final series have been great so far :)

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I though BlackHawks had huge interest in Chicago! Amazing how many BlackHawks fans go to games when they are in LA!/QUOTE]

I'm sure there is a huge fan base in Chicago, just that up until a few years ago none of the local stations were broadcasting any of the games. Why? Probably cable contracts.

southkogs

Staff member
I have to admit that I like the idea of an "original six" Cup series, but the Ducks sure seem to be earning it proper.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Tampa Bay isn't in the "original six" so that ship has already sailed.