Stanley Cup chase is on

southkogs

Staff member
Preds are still hangin' in ... maybe I punked 'em too soon ...

nwcove

Admiral
i think the Bluejays are gunna take that cup thing this year.....but then again, i dont know to much bout football.

angus63

Captain
Rangers haven't won since 1994, twenty plus years is too large a void for me. Looked good game 1. Islanders had a good chance for a 2-0 lead but got soft late. Love hockey playoffs!!!!

82rude

Rear Admiral
its sad you have to dig back a 100 years to prop up the make me laughs.ill take my chances that the nucks or even the mega multi Stanley cup winners le habitants will pot a cup before the leafs even get past a round 1.its sad cause I actually like the leafs they just seem to go out of their way to self destruct.so what do you guys think of Edmonton getting the first shot at mcdavid?personally I think after 4 more years of finishing last they will have a heck of a team,lol.boy these ducks and jets games are sure brutal.i mean brutal as in you better be tough .

82rude

Rear Admiral
poor jets.its bad enough to have to face the ducks in the first round of your first playoffs without the refs costing you the game.too many men on the ice.4 officals missed it!holding the stick at the peg net ,missed it again!sure don't mind a team loosing fairly but it sure sucks when the refs miss easy calls like that.of course the jets are their own worst enemies.they take way too many stupid penalties.of course its my fault I cheer for the under dogs:facepalm: .hope they can tie it up in Winnipeg.:D

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Well the Jets have not won a single game in the playoffs in their history.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
AHHH Crud, well the Nucks are having their butts kicked, but at least it is by calgary. I was posted to cow town when they won the cup in the 80's, mindya we watched and partied big time in a mess tent while on EX.

And Vancouver DID win the Stanely cup, they where the millionaires back then.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
And Vancouver DID win the Stanely cup, they where the millionaires back then.
Completely different team. Canucks started in 1970 as an expansion team.

So my Vancouver friend is wondering if the fans are going to riot this time. He hates hockey because of the crazy fans in town.

Last edited:

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Completely different team. Canucks started in 1970 as an expansion team.

So my Vancouver friend is wondering if the fans are going to riot this time. He hates hockey because of the crazy fans in town.

Considering that they wore the millionaires jersey in the last part of the regular season, I will take that as a tribute to the origanal teams name.

Kinda like the ducks VS the mighty ducks.

( I take it for what it is, lots of teams moved and changed names or are now defunct or resurected, just wait till Seattle gets a new team)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Mighty Ducks and the Ducks were the exact same team, exact same stadium and exact same players. Just new owner. I think they were actually forced to change the name since Disney owned the rights to that name since it was a movie name.

Seattle getting a hockey team?

Considering that they wore the millionaires jersey
I hope you meant sweater right? :)

Last edited:

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
so what do you guys think of Edmonton getting the first shot at mcdavid?personally I think after 4 more years of finishing last they will have a heck of a team .

Well, the Sabres finished last (it sure was hard to watch the last few games, yes I admit I was a "tanker"), but the lottery system decided otherwise. That's fine though, hopefully we get Eichel and have more fun watching games in the coming seasons.

Ducks, Rangers probably have the best shot this season. That goal by Etem last night was siiick!

82rude

Rear Admiral
by rights Calgary should take van for the series.the only chance I think van has is if the guys have finally woken up like they did last night.if not for hiller score would of been a runaway.watched the playoff game last night, soo greyhounds vs erie otters.mcdavid scored 3 goals ,I believe all on p.p. refs were calling hounds for everything under the sun and they still thumped erie 6-3.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Vancouver is still alive. They have a chance.

I am still rooting for Calgary though.

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
boy Ottawa doesn't want to go away.pens gone.on the ohl side erie tied up the series.still say soo in 6 .back to nhl .not sure who I want to win between blues and wild.very good hockey between the 2.

Last edited:

angus63

Captain
Rangers on a mission. Won four games 2-1. Lundquist superb and team playing awesome defense. Hope Islanders come back to make it a rival playoff.