Cheaper source for screw snap fasteners?

Number21

Seaman
I have a project that requires a bunch of screw snap fasteners, like the kind you use to attach a custom boat cover to a boat. I found them at Home Depot in a pack of 6 for $5.97, but I need more than a hundred. Home Depot doesn't even have that many in stock, and they're a buck each...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/General-Tools-Screw-Snap-Fastener-Kit-1267/204764017

The problem is each package comes with the die tool to install the fastener. I just need the "refills". I don't need a bunch of tools. And Home Depot probably isn't the most economical place to shop for these either.

I've tried searching google, and ebay for a better bulk source of these, but no luck, They are all still close to $1 each, and come in small quantities. Surely there must be somewhere to buy them in bulk? Any body have any idea where?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I would call one of the upholstery shops where you live and see if they can sell to you, or let you know where you can buy in bulk. Also if you have a Fastnal store in your area, I believe they carry them. Last time I bought those was a few years ago, to put a cover on a old Ford Rancharo and I believe it was a Fastnal store I found the at.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/F...eel/index.html
$15 for 100 of them and these are stainless steel.

iboats price is $6.28 for 6 of them.
faint2.gif

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Perfect! :) That's only for the screw part, the other kits are the whole fastener, but they sell cheap bags of the other parts too. I checked Fastenal's website, they want $14 for the same kit Home Depot sells for $5.97. lol

As I said, it has been a few years since I purchased any from them, but that is a little to much "Inflation"

:eek:

Last edited:

rbh

Fleet Admiral
If you ever get the urge to do the part where you need the rivet flaring tool,---- Go find the proper press, it will save you time, headaches and a whole bunch of money spent on improper flared rivets.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
http://www.jtsoutdoorfabrics.com/

Look in the "Fasteners, snaps and clips" section, and keep drilling down until you get to exactly the part that you need.
They also have range of good quality installation tools if you need.

I've bought a lot of supplies from them over the years and their service is outstanding.....incredible selection.
Not sure whether shipping to the US is a problem or not.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
They are still almost twice as much as Rochford Supply but those prices are in that funny money!

Number21

Seaman
Ouch...Rochford wants $20 for shipping just for 100 fastener sets...still works out to about $0.40 each, much better than a buck.

Yeah, I'm cheap. ;)