Nascar - Race #7 - Duck Commander 500 at Texas

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
After a a week off for Easter, Cup and XFINITY return to race at Texas. XFIN on Friday evening and the Cuppers run Saturday evening. Trucks are off until May 8th at Kansas.

Courtesy of MRN, the race schedule of events;
Date
Event
Time
TV/Radio
THURS 4/9​
XFINITY Series Practice​
4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.​
XFINITY Series Final Practice​
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.​
FRI 4/10​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Final Practice​
2:00 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.​
FS1​
XFINITY Series Qualifying​
4:30 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Qualifying​
6:45 p.m.​
FS1 (6:30)​
TV Pre-Race​
8:00 p.m.​
FS1​
XFINITY Series O'Reilly Auto Parts 300
8:30 p.m.​
FS1/PRN​
Green Flag​
8:46 p.m.​
FS1/PRN​
SAT 4/11​
TV Pre-Race​
7:00 p.m.​
FOX​
Sprint Cup Series Duck Commander 500
7:30 p.m.​
FOX/PRN​
Green Flag​
7:46 p.m.​
FOX/PRN​

46 teams are on the entry list, so 3 are going home.

News and Other Happenings
  • Kyle Larson has been cleared to return to the cockpit and is racing at Texas
  • RCR has appealed the mega-penalty issued to the #31 team of Ryan Newman for tire finagling at the Fontana race. The appeal will be heard April 16th and until the ruling, fines and suspensions are deferred.
  • Another penalty appeal - Circle Sport is appealing the fines/suspensions given the #33 team for failing pre-race inspection at Fontana. Something to do with rear suspension pieces and rule changes.
  • More and more tracks are adding SAFER barrier extensions. Texas added some tire walls for this week's race pending permanent SAFER installation.
  • Brett Moffitt is back in the #55 of Brian Vickers following the recurrence of Vicker's blood clot problems.
  • Rusty Wallace is planning to run an off-road truck in this years X-Games.
  • A sign of things to come? ARCA, a feeder for the three Nascar national race series, is offering a two race pay-per-view package with streaming video this weekend. For a whopping $29.95. I think this may be to test the waters for Nascar/Fox/NBC to go streaming for those who don't have FS1/2 or NBCSN. Like me. Here's my answer - Nope!
  • Speaking of FS1 - My favorite. TV ratings for Martinsville aired on FS1 were down 38% from last year's race shown on FOX
  • Nascar Police Blotter. This is not the NFL!
    • New Hampshire Motor Speedway general manager Jerry Gappens pleaded guilty Thursday to a charge of lewdness. You can search for details.
    • Former Nascar driver Timothy Tyler Walker was sentenced to 90 days in jail, a fine and 36 months of probation for a multi-state high-speed car chase in January 2013. Then didn't show up for a hearing. :facepalm:
    • The wife of Ernie Elliott, famed Cup engine builder and brother of Awesome Bill, is in jail. She tried to run Ernie over with her Mercedes back in March. :eek:

iboats Fantasy Live

aspeck is the hardware man for the Martinsville race and broke QC's three race streak The :first: is in the mail - Watch for it. :D
Overall leader is still QC and he is holding on to about a 50 lead over 64osby
Take a look at your rosters. There are still some subs piloting for some teams. Good luck everyone!​

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Holy cow, did you take a breath, Don? Quite the update...... $30 to watch ARCA? Yeah , no....... I wouldn't pay to watch Cup either. Even tho I get all those channels, if they ever went to pay-per-view for Cup races on a pay-per-view channel, I would be done watching. NASCAR would probably be done too....

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Wheeze, wheeze. Two weeks between races is tough. And I left off important stuff like Gordon's kids are gonna Grand Marshall at some race and Texas has some new artery clogging delight consisting of 4 wings and cheese sauce with bacon for 12 bucks. Perfect for watching the 30 buck ARCA stream. :doh:

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Thanks for the update, GA! No way would I pay-per-view for races. Don't do it for any sporting events. I can sleep just as well with an old movie or a hunting or fishing show. Or a baseball game, as I can with NASCAR.

Still watching the mail, GA!

QC

Supreme Mariner
I'd pay to stream the race at the Lake. Might keep from joining Art snoozing on the couch. Pee's me Off that I can't stream Fox broadcasts. ESPN I could.

GA_Boater

Do you have cable or sat, QC? When I tried to stream Martinsville that was the first thing out of their mouth when trying to get Fox Sports Go.

fox.PNG

QC

Supreme Mariner
Hmmmm. we have Direct, so that says it should work. Tried before and it didn't work I'll try again.

GA_Boater

As long as your package has Fox, you should be able to stream. Before my ISP dropped it, that's how I streamed ESPN3 or whatever it was called.

Remember, Rob Lowe says DirecTV is better than cable with more sports. Well, until the FTC ordered the spots dropped. :smile:

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Cup qualifying results;

Busch has the pole followed by the remainder of the top 12; Harvick, Keselowski, Kahne, Johnson, Logano, Newman, Menard, Larson, McMurray, Stewart and Gordon. Gaughan and Burton didn't make the race, while Kvapil withdrew again.

The X-Men are on the track now for the O'Reilly Ato Parts 300.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well I just finished watching the X men and I have to really say, we now have two equal series these days, detune Sprint some, allow some flex in the X series and there are 80 drivers over a period of 2 days that could race in either series, I just don't see much difference anymore between Sprint and Xfinity..

GA_Boater

Newman is starting at the back because of an engine change.

I'm getting tired of the asking Danica about Stenhouse. Asking her when she's marrying him is ridiculous.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

1st caution when Kennedy spins. Not sure he hit anything.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ahhhh, debris caution. My favorite......... I see no Jeb...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Boy, I wonder if he's really ready if he can't even make the race....

I guess it was time to bunch 'em up again, debris......

GA_Boater

Jeb has no owner points to use, so only speed counts in qualifying. Makes it tough trying to break into the bigs.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I believe he's running for Rookie. Tough to do when you're not racing. All he has to do is beat a couple drivers to make the field....

GA_Boater

Because of the way they do it with owner points and stuff, he had to be a lot better than the slowest qualifier.

Annett mashes his car for a yellow.