This year is not looking good"---Update".

Jeep Man

Commander
As I mentioned previously, I fell at work and fractured my back and heel. Two weeks later my mother developed what was termed as Sudden Onset Dementia. After a CT scan and later an MRI, it looks like a brain tumor (final results not in yet). This morning I got a call informing me that my brother in law passed away in the night. That was very unexpected. I'm dreading what might come next. Any way to reset 2015 and start over?

southkogs

Staff member
Ray:

It is very difficult - over the internet especially to someone you've never truly met - to sincerely offer any real comfort. I've had several of those things happen to me (or similar), but not condensed in such a short time frame. I'm sorry to hear of all of your trouble, and I will certainly be praying for you.

Make sure you have someone to talk to - and probably not just a forum topic - and unscramble all of this stuff.

Hang in brother.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
For whatever reason it seems that bad things can happen in bunches. Don't keep your feelings bottled up. As kogs mentioned, talk to people around you. Leaning on the ones you love can be good therapy for everyone.

I too will be praying for you.

Twidget

Commander
You have my heartfelt condolences on the death of your brother in law and prayers for your mom and yourself.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Jeep Man, I too am very sorry to hear of your troubles. And my heart felt sympathies do go to your family and self from me and my family. I know things happen when least expected as my wife showed me last year with her stroke. But please talk to folks you love and can lean on and as previously stated, don't carry your load all by yourself. That IS what friends and family are for. I will also keep you in our prayers as well. God Bless you and your...

aspeck

Staff member
JM, praying for you, your mom, your family ... Definitely a bunch of tough stuff all at once ...

RGrew176

Commander
So sorry to hear of your troubles. It's to bad that life does not have a reset button. I'm sure all of us could use one every now and then.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Ray I can relate. 2014 was the same way for me and 2015 doesn't seem to be improving.
As we age these things start to happen more frequently. In my case I have a very loving wife and family that has been there to help me hold it together. We pray and comfort those that are suffering and keep the ones that have passed near to our hearts.

May God bless you and your family.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
hang in there.

Gramma always told me its rough, it ain't gonna be easy, but at least you are here to see it.

Jeep Man

Commander
Mom passed today with almost all of her children with her, me being the exception being so far away. I have been chatting daily with my siblings through on line chat so it's sort of like being there. Travelling back east tomorrow for the final farewell so it will be a tough few days. I've decided to bring my uncle (mom's brother) along with me as he is only an hour from where I live and due to financial hard times would not be able to make the journey. I think she would like that and he will be good company.
Southkogs, thanks for the PM's. I will not forget your kind words.Your a good man.

Last edited:

Fun Times

Staff member
Mom passed today with almost all of her children with her, me being the exception being so far away. I have been chatting daily with my siblings through on line chat so it's sort of like being there. Travelling back east tomorrow for the final farewell so it will be a tough few days. I've decided to bring my uncle (mom's brother) along with me as he is only an hour from where I live and due to financial hard times would not be able to make the journey. I think she would like that and he will be good company.
Southkogs, thanks for the PM's. I will not forget your kind words.Your a good man.
So sorry to hear of the loss of your mom Jeep Man.:(

Updated was added to title!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Jeep Man,

I am so sorry, may what ever you believe in, comfort you in this difficult time, speed go with you.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Prayers are with you and yours and be safe on your journey as well...

Tnstratofam

Commander
The Admiral and I are so sorry for your loss. Southkogs is right it is hard to express through words on any forum true condolences. Comfort from friends and family and the good memories of our lives together can bring some peace to our hearts. We will be praying for you and your family during your time of loss, and praying 2015 turns better for all of us.

southkogs

Staff member
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know those last few months have been a tough walk for you. You have my most heart felt condolences, and my prayers for peace and comfort.

All of my offers still stand as you may have need. I'm glad to help out if I can.

sam60

Captain
So sorry for your loss, Jeep Man. I and we lost my Dad 8 years ago and I wish I could call him every weekend like I used to.

Think of the good memories and what events you need to update her with when you meet again.

At 54 my wife needs diagnosed but she has dementia or early onset or something. I was crying before I read this thread and not ashamed to post that I'm crying again.

aspeck

Staff member
So sorry for your loss, Jeep Man. Don't know what part of east you are heading, but if you need anything from Central PA, give a shout out. Praying for you and your family.