This is going to get interesting! NASCAR

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It sounds like Goodyear delivers the tires pre-aired and the teams only have a very narrow range to play with. So the game seems to be do something to allow extra pressure to bleed off. They are always talking about how the tires take time to warm up and get to the optimum pressure after pit stops. I guess what they are doing allows the tires to have more pressure so the early laps can be run faster and as the tires warm, the pin holes or whatever, the excess bleeds off.

I think Nascar has too many rules. This is a heck of a hit to the #31.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have known Ryan for many years now and I can say with 100% conviction, if something is going on to give him an edge in the pits, he does not know about it. He is one of the honest guys, that does not want an advantage, his advantage is his driving, so yes, it is a big blow and I can only surmise, he is not very happy with his team right now, I met him when he was 12 years old and he had an air about him that extruded skill. Sorry to hear this has happened. Now there are other team that I can see doing this.

That said, something has been going on, the cars are suppose to be equal, and since about 3 races before the end of the season last year, they have not been, there are some of the cars, that are just doing things that they should not be doing.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's Nascars fault. Last year when they started pulling out the rear quarter panels, Nascar let them get away with it. How were those cars passing post race inspection when they couldn't fit a template?

I don't know Newman, but he seems to fit your description. A straight arrow.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
GA, in 1993, I was the man that said "Gentleman Start your Engines" at 3 races, I have known many of these kids for many years, and I just don't see Ryan Doing this. I grew up with Biffle, he was a few years behind me, heck I had lunch with Dale Sr. and Bill Jordon 2 weeks before Dale Sr. was killed. Ryan is one of the good guys! That said, something is going on in NASCAR and it is rotten.

Last edited: