Remind your loved ones....

sam60

Captain
....To pay attention when driving. Our Daughter survived a high speed rollover earlier this week. imagejpeg956.jpg imagejpeg955.jpg imagejpeg954.jpg imagejpeg953.jpg imagejpeg957.jpg

aspeck

Staff member
Ouch! Cars can be replaced, daughters cannot! Hope all is well with her.

robert graham

Admiral
Yep, my daughter had a multi-rollover when she was 16 years old.....the rest of her life in a wheelchair....she's about 42 now and doing very well, but everything can change so quickly!....I believe distracted driving is catching up with driving while impaired in frequency and severity of accidents. I'm very glad your daughter got out of that wreck O.K!......

angus63

Captain
Two weeks ago my wife was hit from behind on a 4 lane highway when she was stopped waiting to make a left. The person who hit her never attempted to stop. Obvious distracted driver who wiped his phone clean of texts and calls while trapped in his car before the police showed. Her van is totalled and she is over the soreness caused by the impact. Being in a large vehicle saved her from serious injury. I apreciate that accidents happen, but it took a lot of strength not to throttle this stooge at the site when my wife told me what happened. She (and I) were very lucky! Hope your daughter is too

gm280

Supreme Mariner
OMG That is a horrendous wreak. I am very glad she is ok and survived that. It amazes me how some can go through such serious wreaks and survive without serious problem...

sam60

Captain
You iboaters are great people! Thanks for your thoughts, comments and personal experiences.

Daughter will be fine and the worst of it being a broken wrist.

Some things that happen in life can make us rethink how we look at things. Somehow this has motivated me to be a better & stronger Dad and Grandpa.

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Praise God! It's official now, phones are the #1 cause of accidents. Put 'em away! Preach it to yer kiddo's! So glad your daughter is doing so well.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
I sure hope your daughter makes a complete recovery and lives a long, loving and productive life, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

My Daughter was in a rollover as well, she was ejected and by Gods Grace she survived and made a full recovery, I have Art and my personal Pastor to thank for helping me through that dark time in my life.

By the way, Thank you again Art

Couple weeks ago she informed me she is going to Oregon State to finish her Doctorate, I'm a life long Arizona Wildcat fan, apparently I raised her incorrectly....

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Two weeks ago my wife was hit from behind on a 4 lane highway when she was stopped waiting to make a left. The person who hit her never attempted to stop. Obvious distracted driver who wiped his phone clean of texts and calls while trapped in his car before the police showed. Her van is totalled and she is over the soreness caused by the impact. Being in a large vehicle saved her from serious injury. I apreciate that accidents happen, but it took a lot of strength not to throttle this stooge at the site when my wife told me what happened. She (and I) were very lucky! Hope your daughter is too

cant you get that form the service provider?

jbcurt00

Staff member
cant you get that form the service provider?

Probably not, but the cops should be able to or an attorney via a subpoena.

Possibly even estimate a speed of travel based on how the device was pinging off towers shortly before the accident. Right?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Phone record are easily seen in any type wreak IF the officer pushes the issue. Deleting your phone memory and texts message doesn't erase the cellular provider records or tower pings.

NYBo

Admiral
Seeing the pics and reading the description brought a lump to my throat and, yes, a tear to my eye. I lost my wife to a rollover accident about eight years ago. So glad your daughter wasn't seriously hurt.

sam60

Captain
So sorry, NYBo. I can't even imagine what you have gone through.

Thank you for the kind thoughts also.

Our Daughter is 32 and said she looked down for a minute and looked up and was about to rear end a slower car. Speeding and texting is what comes to mind.

staydry

Seaman
Glad she's ok!!

who wiped his phone clean of texts and calls while trapped in his car before the police showed

Does no good...they cam always pull your records.....actually trying to clear your memory at a time like that would be an admission of guilt.....