Too old to do stuff

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Not sure I was ever young enough to mess around with ball joints.

With the right tools, they are really not that difficult, but throwing in the weight and the rust, that does present some unique challenges!

rbh

Fleet Admiral
I think there is 3 ways we age, #1-body is worn out (please do not use me any more to much pain) #2 Holy Crap am I out of shape! #3 I may not be 20 anymore, but I can still do it just a bit slower.

I think I suffer a bit from all three, #2 mostly- better get my self in better shape and quit doing dumb stuff that hurts me or its just going to get worse as I age.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I am actually pretty proud of myself for the shape I am in, but there have been somethings that have occurred my life, that have changed the way that developed, so it does present its challenges, but I am still plugging along.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
#2 pretty much takes care of #1 and #3, trouble is #2 the hardest to maintain......................

dwco5051

Commander
I think there is 3 ways we age, #1-body is worn out (please do not use me any more to much pain) #2 Holy Crap am I out of shape! #3 I may not be 20 anymore, but I can still do it just a bit slower.

I think I suffer a bit from all three, #2 mostly- better get my self in better shape and quit doing dumb stuff that hurts me or its just going to get worse as I age.
I am guilty of all three.

1. It gets harder to get up in the morning when everything hurts but when you are retired there is no need to get up and an extra hour sleep helps.

2. I just told my wife a few days ago that I must get back in shape after a day of cutting and splitting wood and she remarked that I have been working all winter and you are in as good of shape as you will ever be.

3. Agree, I can still eat the big steak but have to take smaller bites and maybe do it in two sittings. I try now to do what would be hard work for no more than six hours straight. I will be 76 on my next birthday but I don't consider being old till after 80. My mother who lived to be over 95 was still taking her boat out on the lake in her mid 80's. She told me the only reason she gave it up is because all her friends could not make it down to the dock and into the boat with their walkers, bad hips, etc and she didn't like to fish alone.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I am guilty of all three.

1. It gets harder to get up in the morning when everything hurts but when you are retired there is no need to get up and an extra hour sleep helps.

2. I just told my wife a few days ago that I must get back in shape after a day of cutting and splitting wood and she remarked that I have been working all winter and you are in as good of shape as you will ever be.

3. Agree, I can still eat the big steak but have to take smaller bites and maybe do it in two sittings. I try now to do what would be hard work for no more than six hours straight. I will be 76 on my next birthday but I don't consider being old till after 80. My mother who lived to be over 95 was still taking her boat out on the lake in her mid 80's. She told me the only reason she gave it up is because all her friends could not make it down to the dock and into the boat with their walkers, bad hips, etc and she didn't like to fish alone.

1 - Yep, but I stay up later now because I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn any more. Except to hit the lake early. :joyous:

2 - I'm in the best shape I've been in years, except for some rebuilding the docs did a few years ago, which does contribute to awakening with aches and stiffness.

3 - I'm not as old by much, dwco, but I do try to pace what I do. If i don't finish, it will be there tomorrow or the day after.

Your Mom had the right idea, bless her soul!.