snow plow-winged me in

nwcove

Admiral
ya hear of people going balllistic after they spend hrs clearing their driveway of snow, only to have the plow come by and dump a foot or so of slushy , densly packed snow at the end of their driveway......well heres my " winged in" cussing inducing moment!! :mad:winged in.JPG

gm280

Supreme Mariner
nwcove, that brings back some not so fond memories when I lived in Northeastern Pennsylvania in my younger days with my parents. We had to park parallel to the curb of the street (no front yards) and we would shovel out my dad's car and of course then the snow plow would dump it back on the car again... So I do know where you are coming from.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Wow! That's just not right...... Flag down a truck with a plow and see if he'll move it. Just throw him a couple bucks, if he takes it............

dannys2004glastron175mx

Petty Officer 1st Class
You will have that new shovel broke in bye the time you are done . We have been hit pretty hard also . With the snow on PEI this winter . :frusty:

nwcove

Admiral
nwcove, that brings back some not so fond memories when I lived in Northeastern Pennsylvania in my younger days with my parents. We had to park parallel to the curb of the street (no front yards) and we would shovel out my dad's car and of course then the snow plow would dump it back on the car again... So I do know where you are coming from.

yep gm, it is frustrating ! but what can ya do. lol

Wow! That's just not right...... Flag down a truck with a plow and see if he'll move it. Just throw him a couple bucks, if he takes it............

musky, the guys with regular 1/2 , 3/4 and one tonne plow trucks have all but given up, its costing them more for repairs than they are making , its backhoes and front end loaders now......and they are a scarce commodity as far as clearing private drives go.

You will have that new shovel broke in bye the time you are done . We have been hit pretty hard also . With the snow on PEI this winter . :frusty:

danny, as bad as it is here in NS, ive seen some pics from the island, you guys have been brutalized by this winter even more than us, and thats saying something!!!

all in all, i cant blame the grader operator that winged me in, i watched him go up the hill i live at the bottom of, and he got stuck with chains on all four back wheels. it is spring now tho !! lol

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I used to live on the end of a dead end road that was a block long. Plow would come around the corner and push the prior roads snow into a pile in front of the drive. Usually took 2-3 hours using the blower per every snow fall. Once even cleaned the whole street and the smug SOB still dumped a huge pile of snow in front of the drive. Hard to win against a sadistic county plow operator

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I don't know if it would help but I would spend some time sending that photo and a note of displeasure to the represenatives of my community.

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
We live out of town so I've got a subcompact tractor with a single stage snow blower on the front. Over the years I've found clearing down the side of the road about 30 feet and 4-5 feet wide when I clear the drive, stops a lot of the build up from the county plows. By the time he gets to my drive he just has what is on the road right in front of our drive, not a full plow from down the road. Still have to clear after the plow comes thru, but waaaaay less to deal with. The best part, the shovel stays in the garage.:)

huts

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
We had a new guy move in where I live, last winter and he would plow straight down the middle of the road and block all of us in, so one day we all got together and put all of the snow we plowed in his driveway, it was amazing, he never plowed any of us in again!

64osby

Admiral
We live out of town so I've got a subcompact tractor with a single stage snow blower on the front. Over the years I've found clearing down the side of the road about 30 feet and 4-5 feet wide when I clear the drive, stops a lot of the build up from the county plows. By the time he gets to my drive he just has what is on the road right in front of our drive, not a full plow from down the road. Still have to clear after the plow comes thru, but waaaaay less to deal with. The best part, the shovel stays in the garage.:)

huts

I do this when able and it sure does help. It also lets the admiral or me to get in the drive after a day of work if the plows visit during the day. A couple times this year they were a day or two late clearing the roads after the storm.