Nascar - Race #5, Fontana

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Out to California for the first time this season at the Auto Club Speedway for the Auto Club 500. Is QC going to be there to root his new favorite driver to victory? Or just be partying with in the infield with the rest of the rowdies? LOL

The XFINITY series will running the DRIVE4CLOTS.com 300. Again I ask, where do they come up with these names? DRIVE4CLOTS.com is a website for XARELTO[SUP]?[/SUP], the medication Brain Vickers took during his heart surgery recovery. I would think it should be DRIVEAGAINSTCLOTS. not 4CLOTS. But I'm not paying the freight. And I'm not watching either because it's on Fox Sucky 1.

Trucks are back in action next week. :blue:

Here is the action packed weekend schedule, courtesy of MRN.
Date
Event
Time
Radio/TV
FRI 3/20​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
3:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
XFINITY Series Practice​
4:30 p.m. - 5:25 p.m.​
FS1​
XFINITY Series Final Practice​
6:00 p.m. - 7:25 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Qualifying​
7:50 p.m.​
MRN/FS1 (7:30)​
SAT 3/21​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
11:30 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.​
FS2​
XFINITY Series Qualifying​
12:45 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Final Practice​
2:30 p.m. - 3:25 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
Radio Pre-Race​
3:30 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race​
FS1​
XFINITY Series DRIVE4CLOTS.com 300
4:00 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
Green Flag​
4:16 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
SUN 3/22​
Radio Pre-Race​
2:30 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race​
3:00 p.m.​
FOX​
Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400
MRN/FOX​
Green Flag​
3:46 p.m.​
MRN/FOX​

News and Notes
  • 45 entries for the Cup race, so 2 will go home.
  • Penalties resulting from Phoenix;
    • The #7, Alex Bowman, will lose 15 minutes of practice because he was late getting out of the garage for inspection last Sunday before the Phoenix race, So he will lose 15 minutes for the next practice at Fontana.
    • Also the #83 of BK Racing will lose 15 minutes as well for not passing the second inspection attempt at Phoenix,
    • How about this? No penalty for the Dinger. He went through Phoenix inspection 4 times! It was determined that a wheel plate was not installed tightly enough to get a good reading causing the first 3 failed inspections. Come on, Nascar. How long have you been inspecting cars with equipment you designed and you don't know how to use? Oh - That long. :eek:
  • Marcos Ambrose. who left Sprint Cup to return to the V8 Supercar series in Australia for Penske, is getting out of the seat temporarily. He feels the series has gotten tougher since he left for Cup racing and he isn't competitive.
  • A picture you won't see anymore and it's about time!
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwjkmdq3mgm1zjc4mzjimda1yta4nte2nzrkyzfhmmi3.jpeg

iboats Fantasy Live

For the second consecutive week, we have the same Fantasy Live winner. QC is loading up the mantle with :first:s. I hope he is balancing the weight! QC is the overall leader as well.. FlaCowboy - Warm up the rib bones before QC gets too far ahead. :lol:

Good luck watching the race while you root for your favorite NCAA Mens basketball team in March Madness by listening to the game on the radio, Or the the other way around. :joyous:

Humpy_Boater

PS - No rares or rears were harmed during creation of this message, :cool: H_B

GA_Boater

The cars are nose first against the pit wall before the qualifying sessions. Nascar decided backing out into oncoming pit lane traffic wasn't such a smart idea. I wonder why given how they scramble around before the cars hit the track, especially the first session. So the car are backed into their spot now.

Qualifying is over and Kurt Busch is on pole. Harvick faltered and is 2nd and 3-12 are Kenseth, Ragan, Larson, Hamlin, Gordon, Keselowski, Newman, Bowyer, Menard, and Truex, Jr.. Sorenson and Kvapil did not make the field. Jeb Burton in the 31st spot is the fastest Q-ing rookie.

To the back - Edwards hit the wall during the first practice. No idea if he had to go to is back-up or not. In one place Jayski says to the back and another place, none reported to be moving to the back.

Other News
  • Brian Vickers is having trouble with blood clots again and had to vacate the seat in the #55 - Subbing is Brett Moffit. Oddly enough, This is Blood Clot Awareness Month and Vickers, Arnold Palmer and comedian Kevin Nealon have been doing spots for XARELTO[SUP]? [/SUP]. a clotting medication and the XFINITY race sponsor, as well as the #55's primary sponsor this week. He needs to get well and hoping he can return.
  • Nascar made a rule change for the All-Star race in May. The changed eligibility rule allows Newman and Kenseth to participate. Under the old rule they were out.

GA_Boater

Harvick won the XFINITY race today, followed by Gaughan. Jones, Elliott and Buescher.

That's all until tomorrow.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Harvick won the XFINITY race today, followed by Gaughan. Jones, Elliott and Buescher.

That's all until tomorrow.

Heading to a car show at the DECC tomorrow, Motor Madness..........

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yep, she's on her own and right now not too happy....... Not with me, but, 'Nova...... Charging the batteries for the camera. Kid is on her way back to school. Spring break is over. She "may" go tomorrow too. I think she's going to be way too tired......

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I tell you what with the rule change this year, I am just not seeing a whole bunch of difference between the Sprint cars and the Xfinity cars, Sunday is turning into a duplicate of Saturday, I think they have diminished the Sprint boys with the new rules package, which is fine, I will watch the race on Saturday and go fishing on Sundays this year. As Tony said a couple of weeks ago, I will take Sundays off!

QC

Supreme Mariner
No Title

My Living Room window...

fetch

Attachments

• photo217374.jpg
    photo217374.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

GA_Boater

Hope you got a little sleep last night, QC. :smile:

News Flashes
  • Busch will not try the Indy-Charlotte double. He says he doesn't want to impede Cup progress following his suspension.
  • So, AJ Allmendinger is stepping up to the plate with talk of doing The Double? He did run Indy two years ago for Penske.
  • Kevin Harvick has said Nascar should cut back on the number of tracks running two races a year, citing the success Fontana has has with dropping back to a single race.

aspeck

Staff member
My Living Room window...

fetch

Are you Down Under again? Seems your a little upside down? That will give you a headache if you stay in that position to long ....

QC

Supreme Mariner
Way cool....:)

Yeah, best spot I've ever had. Entry to Turn 3. I will say that all of a sudden I have a lot of friends... I buy off Craigs, so I never have the same spot. I'm ruined for life now.

sam60

Captain
Yeah, best spot I've ever had. Entry to Turn 3. I will say that all of a sudden I have a lot of friends... I buy off Craigs, so I never have the same spot. I'm ruined for life now.

I may renew the desire by taking the MH to Vegas for the trucks in Sept. I know of 3 grandsons that would be game......

GA_Boater

QC - Where is everybody? No cars on track and no Rowdies in sight. Are you a day late? LOL

Just like watching on the big screen in the living room without commercials and replays, No Waltrips, either. :thumb:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Throw a debris caution with just over a lap to go? Better have been a fender laying out there, that's pathetic. Listening on radio. 2nd debris caution was legit..

GA_Boater

Nascar likes to make the end of the race exciting. Specially since Big Shrub was leading. :doh:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Keso for the win, Harvick second and KB Sr fell back to 3rd after walking away in front... :)