Well another season started at my place this morning!!!! Grrrrrr.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Pack rat season has once again started! Caught one this morning, one of the bad things about an early spring... Last year, I ended up with a total of 27 in August and September, then no more over the winter. So it starts again.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Look on the bright side, MT. You could have skunks!

alldodge

Staff member
Good one GA, I have shunks and my dogs have been skunked a several times, ya kinda think they would learn, but noooooo they have to chase them. Keep a large supply of skunk-off and peroxide and baking soda mix around

bassman284

Commander
Good one GA, I have shunks and my dogs have been skunked a several times, ya kinda think they would learn, but noooooo they have to chase them. Keep a large supply of skunk-off and peroxide and baking soda mix around
BAck in the day, tomato juice was considered the hot setup for skunk. Maybe what you have is better. I never got sprayed but a couple of times I ended up WAY closer to a skunk than I wanted to be. I did hit one with my car about 20 years ago. That was kinda bad.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Hitting a skunk is one of the worst things you can do, I did it and that smell got in the heater vents and the A/C in cab filter, talk about terrible, where I live skunks are like possums are in others, they are all over the darn place some of these stupid people put food on their porches for them!

aspeck

Staff member
So, how many recipes do you have for pack rat stew? The population should be thinning ... I had a groundhog issue, killed 30 plus the first year. Killed 20 plus the second year. Killed somewhere in the teens the 3rd year, and now I am killing 5-10 a year. The young ones are tender and yummy if you can get past the smell ... :hungry:

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well 29 and 30 bit the dust this morning, heck I don't even have to put bait in the trap anymore!