Nascar - Race #2 - Folds Of Honor QuikTrip 500 At Atlanta

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Harvick won the XFINITY race followed by Logano, T. Dillon, Buescher and Elliott round out the top 5. Next up - Trucks at 5:49.

BTW - Busch is home after being released from the hospital yesterday, so the recovery begins. Harvick lost his motor during Happy Hour, so he is going to the back along with Annett (driver change) and all the rest who didn't get to qualify yesterday with the inspection fiasco..

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Rules? Don't even get me started. Then they change them mid season. They should make all the cars like the IROC series they had and NASCAR could keep them until race day. That's where they're headed anyway, so it seems....

Must have been lots of green flag racing today. Top 10 were on the lead lap, 11/12 were 1 lap down and 13 etc was 2 laps down plus.... I just caught the end. I see my buddy Mikey is now announcing Xfinity. Hopefully that means he wont be doing trucks.....

GA_Boater

Matt Crafton won the Truck race with Ty Dillon in 2nd. Since I could only listen to MRN, it seemed like a good race.

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
Hard to fathom a truck race without a few wrecks, but they did it.

QC

Supreme Mariner
These latest rules were designed to give more back to the drivers. Should actually make you crochety suckers happy.... :p

Last edited:

QC

Supreme Mariner
Some odd twists to fantasy selections this week. Gonna be interesting.

64osby

Admiral
Harvick to the back. Should make some interesting racing with many of the big names at the back of the pack.

donald_sutherland_68143.jpg

May the odds be ever in your favor.:cool:

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Mandatory caution on lap 25 should move alot of the big boys to the front with fast pitstops. Still should be interesting with the Hendrick crew watching their engines...maybe Harvick will not be a bad pick seeing how he has the freshest engine...but...you have to start out in the hole with the place differential points...is it worth a gamble...:confused:

GA_Boater

There is going to be some charging from the back, sort of like rowdy from the back except it is Johnson, Gordon, Harvick, Stewart and Kenseth this time.

GA_Boater

Please start or call the race. The three yahoos yakking in the booth are unbearable!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Nice call by NASCAR that debris caused the caution, not Dillon........... Yeah, ok.......

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Gee, did Austin cause the latest? Might have to go to the tape.......

GA_Boater

Like they didn't know where the tire tread came from.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have to say, that is the first time I have seen a sprint car look like it was running in the mud bogs!

:eek:

GA_Boater

This race should never be run in the first week of March. I don't know what they were thinking. This is from a cam at the track, I see more than a few empty seats. It's cold and damp.

stands.PNG

64osby

Admiral
Joey is tearing it up. Maybe I should have picked him:embarassed:

Hope it doesn't last, Harvick is getting closer.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Now Harvick is the man.. Tough to pick him, but those that did are happy right now.