Nascar - Race #2 - Folds Of Honor QuikTrip 500 At Atlanta

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Race 2 of the season is this Sunday, preceded by the Hisence 250 XFINITY Saturday afternoon and the Truck series Hyundai Construction Equipment 200 Saturday evening.

Here is the schedule, including the testing sessions today.

atl.PNG

Rain may come into play, so here's the weather forecast for Hampton, GA - location of AMS;

atlwx.PNG
News & Notes
  • Joey Logano won the D500, so he is the points leader and first to qualify for the 2015 Chase.
  • Kyle Busch had surgery on his left foot yesterday in Charlotte. From all reports it was successful. He was transferred from Daytona after surgery on his right leg and a 3 night stay David Ragan will be filling for Busch for the foreseeable future.
  • Regan Smith continues to sit in the #41 in place of the still suspended Kurt Busch.
  • With both Buschs out of the saddle, Trucks and XFINITY teams are doing some driver shuffling. One guy who may be kicking himself is David Reutimann. He would be in the #34, but he let his Nascar license expire, so Joe Nemechek got the ride. :facepalm:
  • Danica's #10 was issued a written warning for having an unapproved left-side driver heat shield at Daytona.
  • 48 teams will be attempting to qualify for the 43 starting spots.
  • McMurray and Gordon topped the test sessions today. McM in session #1, Gordon for session #2.
  • The original film, "I AM DALE EARNHARDT," premieres exclusively on Monday, March 2 at 10:00pm/et/pt on SPIKE TV
iboats Fantasy Live
  • The official results show 64osby maintained :first: for the race and over all standings. Your humble reporter sucked, managing to pick 11, eleven, XI, 1011 whole points. :eek:
  • Overall it's 64, Fla "Bones" Cowboy and sam60
Change up your picks and join us Sunday afternoon for 500 miles at Atlanta. Good luck.

Humpy_Boater, your Official Unofficial iboats Fantasy Live reporter

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I saw that on FB. Didn't even dawn on me to contribute to this thread.......:facepalm:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well that is a first, if you are going car shopping this weekend, just make sure the one you are looking at don't have a big 44 painted on the top of it!

GA_Boater

I saw that on FB. Didn't even dawn on me to contribute to this thread.......:facepalm:

Oh SNAP! LOL

Well that is a first, if you are going car shopping this weekend, just make sure the one you are looking at don't have a big 44 painted on the top of it!

I can hear the used car salesman now. "It was only driven on weekends and only has 500 miles on her with custom paint. You buy here, you pay here, only $500 down!"

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I think someone should head over to GA_Boaters place, just in case, he has way to much inside information!

:laugh:

aspeck

Staff member
Ouch! That sure does hurt the 44 Team Xtreme! I am sure there were some shocked faces when the trailer was opened and there sat the 44 and a spare engine! Hmmm, how to we get rid of this?!?!?!

QC

Supreme Mariner
Weird day for sure. Also, they are beating the practice times from a year ago with less horsepower. So much for that plan.

GA_Boater

And the weird day continues. 13 cars didn't make it through pre-qualifying inspection and did not make a qualifying pass, - Including Gordon, Kenseth, Johnson, Stewart and Smith in the 41.

On the pole - Logano with Harvick outside.

kennywaynem

Seaman Apprentice
Mad to say the least they should get tech done way before qualifying im not a fan of the new qualifying to behin with

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have to say after over 30 years of watching NASCAR, right now there is not many things I am a fan of.

aspeck

Staff member
Too many regulations will kill the sport. Seems like the trend in all sports ... let's add more rules to make everything more competitive ... let's make more rules to keep everything safer ... let's make more rules to make it more entertaining ... let's make more rules because we want to show everyone who is in charge ... and the result is the competitors can't keep up with the rules and the fans get bored and tired of not knowing what is allowed and what is not, and they get frustrated with the final product as per MT's post. Not just NASCAR.

aspeck

Staff member
The 44 has been found, but too late for qualifying and the race ...

64osby

Admiral
The inspection fiasco has certainly made fantasy picks interesting.

The thieves figured out they had something they couldn't sell. Did see they kept the rest of the equipment in the trailer. Including a $100K motor.

GA_Boater

The bonus points will be hard to figure with some major players starting at the back.

I'm waiting to see the fallout when 20 races aren't shown on basic cable, including 4 of the chase races.