Sure could use a thought of two today for my Father...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Thank you guys, Dad is back at home, they changed some of his meds and it seems to be helping a lot, it real hard when you can't be there right a way when things don't go well, but he is home and does seem to feel better. Your thoughts helped, I let him know that your prayers were heading his way.

Thank you again.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Thank you guys, Dad is back at home, they changed some of his meds and it seems to be helping a lot, it real hard when you can't be there right a way when things don't go well, but he is home and does seem to feel better. Your thoughts helped, I let him know that your prayers were heading his way.

Thank you again.

Always great to hear good news. I'll continue praying for you all...

QC

Supreme Mariner
Late to this, but super happy things are going well. Praying for continued progress.

southkogs

Staff member
Awesome news MT. I'd rather he just be well altogether, but maybe the worst was just the docs giving him a bad combination of meds.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
MT, I know how you feel. My mother suffered with it off and on for a number of years. Sad to say with her it got to the point where we were all just playing the waiting game. She was 86 when she passed quietly in her sleep.
My thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

angus63

Captain
My dad is in Florida VA hospital with CHF too. My worry is he pays no attention to the actions the drs advise (diet, meds, excersize,etc..). At 83, he is pretty set in his ways so I do not see this going well. My good thoughts for you!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
My dad is in Florida VA hospital with CHF too. My worry is he pays no attention to the actions the drs advise (diet, meds, excersize,etc..). At 83, he is pretty set in his ways so I do not see this going well. My good thoughts for you!

I hope things go well for your Dad as well, I know it is sure nerve wrecking when your parents get sick and are older, My Dad follows the Dr. orders to a T, he had a valve replaced a few years ago and has been taking care of himself, I just worry, because he is always hesitant to call for help when he needs it and he lives by his self.

Good wishes for you and your father, believe me, I know what you are going through.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Good to hear positive news about your Father. Know that another boating family has your family in their thoughts and prayers. Take Care.

Mark

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Late in on this one. Thoughts and prayers sent from here to both you and Angus.

aspeck

Staff member
Taking care of parents is not fun ... it is supposed to be the other way around! I did 24 hour care for my mom for about 4 years. It finally got to be too much for myself and my family. 2 weeks ago we had to make the decision to place her in a personal care facility. We were not expecting it to go well, and were very pleasantly surprised to see her respond extremely well to the change. Now it is additional time make the 40 mile trip to see her, but it is time well spent. Anyway, all that to say I continue to think about you, MT, and Angus also, and pray for wisdom, guidance, and peace for both of you and your families, and health for your fathers.