Nascar - It's A Bad Week To Be A Busch

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
First big brother Kurt is suspended indefinitely and he has been turned down on every appeal to Nascar.

Then in today's XFINITY race, little brother Kyle hit the inside wall, sustaining a compound fracture of his right leg and a broken left foot. He has had surgery,and will miss the 500 and more most likely. No word on a replacement so far.

EDIT - Matt Crafton will take the seat in the #18 tomorrow.

Last edited:

sam60

Captain
He should have a deep nail and titanium screws in by now. I had the doc save my hardware for me. :facepalm:

GA_Boater

I'm still wearing all my steel after 13+ years. I make interesting x-rays. :D

sam60

Captain
I'm still wearing all my steel after 13+ years. I make interesting x-rays. :D

Mine ached bad and was able to get them to put the slide hammer to it after 1 year. In a garage cabinet now, I may need it for something.

64osby

Admiral
My FIL (RiP) had a plate in his thigh for over 60 years. Farm equipment accident as a teenager. Didn't slow him down much at all.

Nascar made a good call on Kurt IMO. Morals clause can cover a lot, he shouldn't have been at the speedway to begin with.

Not a fan of Rowdy, but would rather see him racing instead of out for months. Hard hit, glad it wasn't any worse.

GA_Boater

I'm not a fan of KyB either, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone. He will be laid up for a while.

sam60

Captain
Same here osby... don't like seeing anyone get hurt.

Last edited:

kennywaynem

Seaman Apprentice
I just dont like KB's arrogance but he can wheel a race car as far as Kurt, he has had his temper go the wrong direction on camera so many times I can imagine what its like off camera