jumpin on Jeepmans thread, my results after getting leg whacked at work a year ago

ezbtr

Commander
Im 50, got whacked, shattered leg tween knee and hip, surgery rods, screws PT, workmans comp yadayada, finally took back xrays after a YEAR, apparently my back is fubar'd, some (I think, I was too bummed to listen, and being a whiny ***** in my head) and I THINK compression fractures, of some sort, yet I have no crazy pain - acts up once in maybe 4-6 months, I ONLY took meds then, been 6 mos, and of course I can get ANY pain med I want, I choose a beer or 2, and maybe wine and champagne, zero drugs :D, BUT there will be no more heavy lifting of ANY kind, will do PT, wont gain weight (I'm 5'7 ish 165) and I was kinda bummed as I did the waterfront thing (tough job, even after underground construction) in IT, my IT is big ship cranes, everything the trucks ruun through, etc , so I'll be looking for lots tamer work from now on.......................but hey I could have been paralyzed or dead like my buddy who died the day I got my house 2.5 yrs ago..............;)

Who me?

Cadet
few years ago i smashed my shoulder in an accident same thing misdiagnosed and doctors don't care and guess what else i've discovered in the interim? nobody actually cares those who listen are only interested because it's me and not them yes, life sucks! my wife left me because i couldn't do anything, my kids don't talk to me any more because i'm a miserable person to be around apparently their 'new dad' is some sort of super hero takes them fishing and skiing and camping well i would have done that too but i can't

WIMUSKY

Staff member
You'll have to get out in your boat more and relax, ezbtr. Boating can be the best therapy out there...... Real good for the psyche.......

gm280

Supreme Mariner
You'll have to get out in your boat more and relax, ezbtr. Boating can be the best therapy out there...... Real good for the psyche.......

I have to 100% agree with WIMUSKY's comment. It seems amazing how well a day on the water "trying to catch fish" can release the stress factor on the body and mind. And equally as well is the peaceful easy feeling (sounds like a song there) sets in. So water therapy is a must... Of course I'm not a doctor nor did I sleep at any Holiday Inn last night either... :facepalm: :fish2:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
There's times when I go out in a nice warm gentle breeze. Head to a big bay and kill the motor. Drift for a couple miles with my feet up and get rocked like a baby....... Where's summer!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well after 2 months of very mild winter and warm sunny weather, it got cold this morning and boy I can tell where I have done every single thing bad to my body over the years! I need spring and warm breezes!