Well, I did it again.

Jeep Man

Commander
For the second time, I have fractured my back. While at work yesterday, a ladder I was on gave way and down I went to the cement floor. I fractured one of the bones at the base of my back and cracked my left heel. Resting uncomfortably at home and bored already. After spending 10 hours in emerg., the doc sent me home as it was just bruised badly and my heel was soft tissue damage. He phoned this morning and told me that the radiologist misread the CT Scan and that I did indeed have a fracture in both back and heel. Had they diagnosed correctly I would have been admitted. I prefer to be home. 4 to 6 weeks before I go back to work.
Fortunately, I'm in a better financial position than last time. I fell while re-shingling my roof in 1987. One income back then and 2 small kids at home back then, so I went back to work after 10 days in hospital and 10 days home.I went back to work too soon and paid the price for a loooong time. I'll let WSIB look after me this time. I'm sure they'll give me the run around but I'm ready for that.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Oh man sorry to hear this. Make absolutely sure you do it the correct way this time and stay home. As we all get older, it takes longer to heal properly so use the time to rest and heal without problems. Seems you need to stay on solid ground now instead of doing flips off the ladders... If you're going to continue doing ladder exercises like that, then join the circus and let them show you how to do it the right way... Take care JM and start critiquing more posts now...seems you'll have the time! Oh and do take the meds. Some times they give you some very good ones to make you forget about pain! At least they did when I had a hip replaced! :D

tpenfield

Staff member
Wow, hope you cover quickly and well. Not sure what to make of the medical miscue that had you go home . . .

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well take it easy, I have been there, I fractured mine in 2007 and it still gives me problems to this day, so take it easy and don't push it, let it heal .

Jeep Man

Commander
Oh man sorry to hear this. Make absolutely sure you do it the correct way this time and stay home. As we all get older, it takes longer to heal properly so use the time to rest and heal without problems. Seems you need to stay on solid ground now instead of doing flips off the ladders... If you're going to continue doing ladder exercises like that, then join the circus and let them show you how to do it the right way... Take care JM and start critiquing more posts now...seems you'll have the time! Oh and do take the meds. Some times they give you some very good ones to make you forget about pain! At least they did when I had a hip replaced! :D

Do you want me to critique BEFORE I take my meds or AFTER. The response might be quite different:D:D

gm280

Supreme Mariner
For better entertainment valve, do both... :pound:

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Do everything the Dr. and physical therapy folks tell you to do. Get second opinions if needed. A couple months of boredom is well worth years of enjoying life my friend. Be safe!

ezbtr

Commander
wow, and I was JUST gonna post about my xrays and docs visit today!!! Get better do the PT etc!!!!

southkogs

Staff member
Sorry to hear of the fall JM. It's really hard to be taken outta' commission like that - particularly for a guy who's used to being "doing" stuff. More than anything else I've noticed about when I get stuck in a spot like that, watch out for depression. It'll sap the life right outta' ya'.

Best wishes on a speedy and full recovery.

Jeep Man

Commander
Thanks for all the kind words, encouragement, instructions, warnings, sympathy, and all. What a guy has to do to get a few days off and the Admiral to make breakfast.