The boys are flat moving in the Duels...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
205.95 MPH, talk about some speed, I don't think taking a couple of hundred HP from them is going to make much difference.

sam60

Captain
I left work early to catch duel race #1. It was a great race with the results that I hoped for.

QC

Supreme Mariner
I'm pulling for Jeb Burton in the 2nd race. Gonna be tough but he could lean on a provisional if there are any left. A lot of good cars had trouble so they started using them up...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I tried listening on MRN, but Flash kept crashing. Jr. won the first and Johnson won the second. A few more messed up cars and before the Duels began about eight were moving to the back. Now a few more from wrecks in the Duels.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well Danica, sure don't sound to happy, but I have never heard a driver tell another driver you are getting to close to me, remember Danica, Rubbing is Racing.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Hmmm? I might be inclined to interpret that differently.

Dale SR. Use to do exactly what Denny did to Danica all of the time, he targeted JR many, many times. Danica, just needs to toughen up some more and get back in the mix, some days she does really good and some days, she acts like she is still back in the indy car series.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
The problem is that Dale did that in a different time with a completely different package, you just can't do that across the board now, especially with the newer drivers.

I like Danica, I think she is a talented driver, Denny was wrong, he knew he couldn't do what he did and yet he did it anyway. but for God sakes Danica get over it, it was a racing move, its been done time and time again, nothing new here.

I agree with MT to, Dale would beat the crap out of Jr.s back side, Dale may not have been much of a father but he made sure his kid learned how to drive at Daytona, but again that was a completely different situation, the cars are completely different now and do not react to other cars getting under them the same as 15 years ago.

Having said that Denny is in a difficult situation, how do you move someone out of the way at Daytona. Dega or any other super speedway with out taking out the rest of the field?

I can see both sides, I missed the first duel, watched all of the second, but most telling to me was Saturdays race where we saw signs that two cars could push each other for quite awhile, Joey Logano and Martin Truex Jr, did it for at least twenty laps, even through the corners at times.

Yeah I am a Homer still, I want to see my little team that could do it, really like to see the 78 car do well and so far this season I am very happy!!

64osby

Admiral
Both races were fun to watch. The second one sure made who was getting to the start line interesting.

I was glad to see Bad Brad move to the back at the end of the 2nd dual.

Hendricks and Gibbs teams seamed to have the cars race ready.

With race day temps expected to be 40 degrees warmer it will be interesting to see who gets the set up right.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Still haven't watched the Duels yet, nor have I read this thread. Taping the trucks tonite too. GA, are you "watching" the trucks tonite.....:nono::rant::fear::p

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I liked McMurray's comment on the Unlimited the other night..."Of course I got loose, all cars get loose when their rear tires are off the ground" :eek:

Danica is just going to have to get used to it and figure out how to combat it, she is progressing along pretty nicely, but she is still having some problems with how close these cars get to each other, and yes, Denny knew what he was doing, it is called experience and I agree with him when he asked Danica... "What am I suppose to do, Stay 2 feet from you??" All of the experienced drivers are going to do it, if they can get you out of the way, even today with the new packages.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yeah - Right after you sign up. :D http://fantasygames.nascar.com/ Fantasy Live, the league is iboats.

What about tomorrow's Xfinity race, never mind.......... :rant::fencing:

Just watched race #1. Sure nice to fast forward thru all the blah, blah. And there was plenty of it.....

I would, but, iboats pickem and fantasy football is enough for me for 1 year. What little summer we have, I want to be out in it... :)

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Looks like NASCAR is going to change the qualifying rules, no more sitting at the end of the pits waiting until the 2 minute warning, they said if you can sit there, then you don't need it, so when we say go, you better go! They have changed it for the Trucks and Xfinity already and are going to evaluate for the Sprint boys at Talladega

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just finished watching the Duels. Too bad Burton didn't make it it in, but he took himself out along with a couple others.

As far as the Danica thing, I don't believe it would have been such a big deal if she wasn't taken out by Denny both times this weekend. Good for Danica when she stood up for herself after the race. What driver wouldn't have confronted Denny? If it would have been anybody but Danica, you probably would have seen punches thrown given the exact situation over the weekend that happened to Danica. It looked like they might have touched in the corner. Tough to tell since all views i saw were at some distance. Same 2 drivers each time there was a wreck. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Depending on your perspective, Denny has highlighted a weakness in Danica's driving or a weakness in that car, and I would not be surprised to see it exploited by someone in Sunday's race, we all know when it comes down to the last few laps, every single driver is going to pull out all of the stops to move forward to try and get to the finish line in first. Been happening that way since day one.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I agree, the last few laps anything goes. But it looked to me that everyone was gaped pretty good at that point, a couple feet. I bet if you sucked up to any car in the corner you would have the same results. If someone is going to push, they need to start before the corner. If you start in the corner, the front guy will probably wreck 90% of the time... She still made it up to 10th after the wreck. pretty darn good...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well it happened to Jamie the other day to, that was when he made the statement "All cars get loose, when the rear tires are off the ground" :D