Neighbors got a pitbull

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwcove

Admiral
Edited: Please try to be a little more gracious to all, Thanks.

Mwcove- what dog bred do you know of that was not bred to guard, hunt, kill? Even the little dogs chicks carry in their purses were bred to kill.

So by that every dog is dangerous. Mostly cause they are!

There are more agressive cocker spaniels and puddles then there are pitbulls.

No bred is worse. Some are bigger and therefor more dangerous if mishandled. Chows, rotts, bulls.... Way scarier than any 65 lb or less pitbull. Dobbies just as bad as pits same weight.

Dogs were bred to kill plain and simple. Every dog!

you ask for a breed that i know of that was not bred to to guard, hunt or kill? the first that comes to mind is the newfoundland dog.

http://www.dog-paw-print.com/image-f...g-pictures.jpg

also, any chance you would edit the first sentence out of your post plz.

Last edited by a moderator:

southkogs

Staff member
Im gonna skip the last post.

... Actually, it's Russian. And it's Russian from a nice guy who lives in Russia and is a forum member.

Mwcove- what dog bred do you know of that was not bred to guard, hunt, kill? Even the little dogs chicks carry in their purses were bred to kill.
Lots of breeds not bred that way: Newfie was mentioned and the Golden Retriever, Pyrenees and Bernese Mountain Dog weren't as well. (Bernese was actually used as a draft animal!)

Breeds have all sorts of qualities and tendencies - they aren't absolute, but they are always present. Aggressive breeds can be aggressive, hounds track, herding dogs bark and nip at heels, etc., etc. ... Know thy dog :)

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Well guys, you managed to turn this into a senseless discussion. I'm glad no ferret, hamster or heaven forbid, cat owners popped in.

jkust - Sorry, but it's time to close the thread. I hope it all works out for you and no man or beast is harmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.