sad topic, my gf's ex passed away a few days ago, so needless

ezbtr

Commander
was a whole lot older than her faked his birth cert years ago when they married, but constant drinking led to cirrosiss of liver,(so we think) they separated for years ,was prob dead in bed for 3-4 days til cops and aptmt mgmt found him, pain meds found on night stand, and a cremation note/card always left out in the open, my poor girl and his friend(a lady) had to clean up all, as there is a huge charge for "bio hazards", disgusting, just a sad day............................:(

ehenry

Commander
I've been in your ex's shoes. An older gentleman that I was close to passed away in a camper and was there several days before his daughter and I found him. As you said, professional cleanup for that type situation is horribly expensive. The daughter and I took care of it.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have been through it a couple of times and it is always sad, I did the clean up when my sister died a violent death and yes, they want a lot of money to dispose of the materials. We ended up sealing the materials in a large heavy duty set of bags and dug a hole with the backhoe and buried it on our property. Of course where I live, we can still bury people on family property in a family plot if desired. In other areas of the country, not so easy.

Last edited:

ezbtr

Commander
I have been through it a couple of times and it is always sad, I did the clean up when my sister died a violent death and yes, they want a lot of money to dispose of the materials. We ended up sealing the materials in a large heavy duty set of bags and dug a hole with the backhoe and buried it on our property. Of course where I live, we can still bury people on family property in a family plot if desired. In other areas of the country, not so easy.
oh geez how terrible :(

ezbtr

Commander
I've been in your ex's shoes. An older gentleman that I was close to passed away in a camper and was there several days before his daughter and I found him. As you said, professional cleanup for that type situation is horribly expensive. The daughter and I took care of it.
I had no idea that she would have to do that or I would have helped, now so much crazy stuff for her to make arrangements for cremation, death cert, finances etc. Theyve been split up for quite awhile and she's just trying to do the right thing, one of his friends, a wonderful lady was over last pm and really helped her out - with cleanup and lots of advice , phone calls etc.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
oh geez how terrible :(

I spent many years in combat theaters in the service and I can tell you it was one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do. You GF, sounds like a very honorable person, my thoughts are with her.

ezbtr

Commander
I spent many years in combat theaters in the service and I can tell you it was one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do. You GF, sounds like a very honorable person, my thoughts are with her.

yeah she is

ehenry

Commander
Ezbtr, is your gf acting as executrix for the guys estate? Will they have to probate? Did he have children? Did he leave a will? Lots of things to deal with for your gf.

My friend asked me 15 years ago if I would be his executor and I agreed. He passed on November 15, 2013. We just closed his estate the 16th of this month. While going through his things, I found a hand written will dated November 12, 2013. His estate was not worth much at all. During the probate process there were 3 claims against the estate totalling 15k. When we went to court to close, the baliff called for creditors and by the grace of god none had shown up to answer the call. The judge denied the claims, set off property aside as exempt and closed the estate.

I feel for your gf and what she is about to go through.

Last edited:

ezbtr

Commander
so we have his burnt bones in the house finally, boy kinda eerie,, they;ll be tossed into the bay Sunday, ONLY by his ex (my gf) and ONE other friend, no ceremony, nada, which is cool I guess, sad to say he squandered so much land, houses, everything due to drugs, booze, unhappiness, boy I sure hope I dont go this way, may God finally rest his soul .