Noreaster Juno

angus63

Captain
Looks like 2+ feet of snow and 40-50mph winds Monday night and Tuesday for me. Replenished gasoline for the generator and restocked the bar with scotch, beer, and coffee. My job and staples are complete. Wife is going out for staples for her and the kids now (milk and cereal for two days if needed). Put a shovel inside each door and assigned a kid to each path. Also assigned each kid a car. Short straw got the van. My work is done. Bring it on Ms. Nature, watcha got?

tpenfield

Staff member
Yup, what I tell people . . . is . . . Juno that we are getting a big storm in the Boston area on Tuesday? We might get bombogenesis and 2 feet of snow . . . we have a whole box of staples, but the printer ink is a bit low.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
  • Looks like some places out on the island, Bellmore for example, are expecting up to 38". Good luck.
  • Monday. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

• Monday night. New snow accumulation of 13 to 19 inches possible.

• Tuesday. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

• Tuesday night. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
  • http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...7#.VMVkzVqZ5vY

Last edited:

nwcove

Admiral
CRIPPLING...EPIC....PARALYZING, are just a few of the words being tossed around by the media , could be all hype, but im kinda wishing i would have sprung for a set of snow tires ! :facepalm:

bassman284

Commander
angus, you sure 2 days worth of milk and cereal are going to cut it? The wife and kids may be casting envious glances at your bar later in the week.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
And we only are getting Hawaiian Pineapple express, "let it melt, let it melt, let it melt"

angus63

Captain
No immediate worries, plenty of canned foods for several days.
Roscoe, the NWS has my town at 32-48" now, may be the most in history for us. Just hope the lights stay on with 40-50mph winds so I won't need to venture out for more fuel. Have enough for about 60 hrs now if needed.
Ready as I'm gonna be.

angus63

Captain
8pm update now has us at 24-36". Anyway, it's gonna be alot and windy.

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
Been a light snow all day here, west of Cleveland. 1-3 in. here 3-6 south about 40 miles along route US 30.
it's a huge slow low, just not as strong as it will be when it hits you.
The admiral loves the big snows, but she's in south Florida with the grandkids. Wish we could at least change places. 80's and sun sound good.
Honker down, you're in for a storm that will take it's own sweet time moving out.
huts

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
5a58dc879f3baab53848944fe5710f3e.jpg

sam60

Captain
You guys are strong and hearty....I remember having to put up the snow fence as a kid...10' north of the driveway. My Dad's explanation was that I would have less to shovel. :friendly_wink:

Last edited:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
8pm update now has us at 24-36". Anyway, it's gonna be alot and windy.
we've gone from 5-8 this morning, now 4-5...have a hard believing even that. 10 degrees warmer than forecast right now. Not snowing with lows in the upper 30's

Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
Good 'ol fashion Nor'easter . . . folks lined up at the food stores like it was Armageddon . . . :rolleyes: . . . how much can they each in a couple of days :noidea:

Local weather has my location getting about 2 feet, but the weather channel has us at a bit more. Lots of wind where my boat is . . . probably should go check it this coming weekend.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I dont miss the snow.... good luck guys.

angus63

Captain
Yup, serious as a blizzard. I referenced NWS update from 8pm last night. Currently the local news/weather station has it as 18-24 for NYC and western LI. Central LI is 20-30" and Eastern LI 24-36". The further west the eye passes in the model utilized the higher the numbers get. Alot will depend on the bands that develop. Highest single day snowfall for my town is 26.3" so this may be the most snow ever for us.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
My weather program shows 8-12" today and 3-5" tomorrow for New York city. Doesn't seem too bad to me. Not sure why everyone is getting so excited.

tpenfield

Staff member
That would be a lot for NYC . . . forecast amounts go up sharply as you head east out Long Island (where Angus is) and towards Boston. And the highest amount of snow are predicted right around the Boston area and points south towards Providence RI. My work place is closing at 3 PM and already threw in the towel for tomorrow.

angus63

Captain
My daughter's college closed today at 3pm and closed Tue and Wed. First time ever closed for two days in advance. At 11pm NY city is shutting down all transportation and services. NWS increased the snowfall amounts this afternoon in their update. If the power holds out and the scotch doesn't do me in, I will try to post pics and updates as the snow hits the fan.

angus63

Captain
No Title

Here's the before pic

Attachments

• photo214608.jpg
    photo214608.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0