Just saying hello.

daniel686

Cadet
Just wanted to say hi. I'm new to this forum and can't wait to talk boat. I just bought my very first boat today. It is a old Cadillac v bottom aluminum. It seems to be in pretty good shape, some TLC should do the trick. I think I got a pretty good deal on the boat. Paid $200 cash money. It came with a trailer, 3 metal fuel cells, a couple battery boxes, troll motor, and a late 80's 25 horse mercury outboard. Kinda excited about the boat. I've been reading through some of the forums here and this site is treasure trove of information! I have a thousand questions ranging from how to, motors, aluminum boats, you name it I will probably ask it! Anyway, I will post some pics in the next few days to get some professional opinions on my new purchase.

Pics are below

Last edited:

Tnstratofam

Commander
:welcome: Sounds like you have an interesting boat. Can't wait to see pics. You have definitely come to the best boat site on the web.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
:welcome: to iboats, Daniel.

Post away with your questions and we'll do our best to help you out. We have the restoration forum for your Cadillac and a Mercury/Force forum for the motor questions. And plenty of other areas, too. Have fun!

alldodge

Staff member
A big :welcome: to iboats look forward to seeing your pics

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Welcome aboard, we love to see new projects on here. :encouragement: Post those pictures and let's get started... :smile:

64osby

Admiral
Sounds like a great deal. Cadillac made nice boats. There was one for sale in Lowell MI that if I didn't have a project I would have taken a hard look at.

We need pictures and where is dry dock?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Another Welcome here. I'll watch for your posts on this one too.

daniel686

Cadet
Thanks for the welcomes guys! Dry dock is good ole Indiana, about an hour south west of Indy. I will get the pics up this week.

daniel686

Cadet
Here are some pictures. The boat is in pretty good shape as far as I can see. There are no big dents or dings. It was my friends grandmas boat. I was out in the boat about a year and a half ago, and it drove pretty good. The trailer needs some wheel grease, little paint, and already have new tires for it. The motor ran alright when it was on the water, but I think I will have the local boat shop give me their opinion. The one thing I'm worried about is the tarp had been ripped and some water is in the rear end. The water has frozen and is about 6 inches deep or so in the area in the back, that's why it's leaning. The drain plug is out but probably got clogged with a leaf. I half ass pulled the rest of the tarp off to take the pics. The back of the boat is not pushed out or anything from the ice block so I think it will be alright, but not really sure. I think $200 was more than a fare price for her.

20150128_122906.jpg20150128_122918.jpg

20150128_122930.jpg

20150128_122947.jpg

dwco5051

Commander
I could post that on Craigs list for $500 and I know it would be sold within a few hours. Pump up the tires, clean it up and prove the motor runs and I could get double that. Aluminum boats like that seem to be really popular in these parts.