Ice Scraper/Snow Removal Brush Access

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I stole this idea from my good neighbor Kevin. In the winter, Kevin keeps an ice scraper/snow removal brush handy on his driveway and invited me to use it whenever I need it. Seeing that it's such a good idea I have attached one to my fence (using a bungee) on my driveway. With access available without opening the car, snow does not enter the vehicle from the partial vacuum created by opening the door. Thank's Kevin.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It is irritating when the seat gets full of snow, especially the drivers seat.... Not a bad idea.....

alldodge

Staff member
It is irritating when the seat gets full of snow, especially the drivers seat.... Not a bad idea.....

I keep the brush and scrapper on the admiral side (it's a secret) :devilish:She's gona find out one of these days and then I'm in trouble :apologetic:

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
That is a good idea to keep a scraper outside somewhere. On freezing sleet nights, I put old pieces of carpet on the windshield and pull it off lickidy split in the morning.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I keep the brush and scrapper on the admiral side (it's a secret) :devilish:She's gona find out one of these days and then I'm in trouble :apologetic:

Funny!

That is a good idea to keep a scraper outside somewhere. On freezing sleet nights, I put old pieces of carpet on the windshield and pull it off lickidy split in the morning.

I don't do the carpet trick, but when were going to get a fair amount of snow, or sleet, I make sure the wipers are pulled back off the windshield before the weather hits..........

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
Not to hijack this thread or anything....but I find it funny that a lot of people who own boats, will keep their boats in the garage, and leave their vehicles outside in the elements. I guess I do it so I can go out in the garage in the middle of winter..'man cave' ...and dream of fishing or what I want to do to the boat next...

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not to hijack this thread or anything....but I find it funny that a lot of people who own boats, will keep their boats in the garage, and leave their vehicles outside in the elements. I guess I do it so I can go out in the garage in the middle of winter..'man cave' ...and dream of fishing or what I want to do to the boat next...

Not me. I keep the boat out in the yard, shrink wrapped for the winter. The vehicles are all inside out of the snow, sleet and ice. No scraping for me.