American Sniper..

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
WIMUSKY, no where near as graphic as Blackhawk Down.

If you watch the scene in which he had to shoot the kid you will also notice the struggle he had with actually having to do it. I personally hate war and the waste it brings, unfortunate it is a reality and becoming an everyday occurrence. The sad reality is there is never an end to a religious war.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I saw that scene during the promo. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been.

As long as there are people, there will be war. You get a group of people/countries together and you'll always get one group that will disagree with another group. Heck, you could say war began when Cain killed Abel. And they were brothers........

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
As long as there are people, there will be war.........

Have to agree with you on that.

I was born in a US Army Hospital in Germany 8 months after the Korean War cease fire which my father served in and have seen many other conflicts around the world since then. It has often made me wonder in anything good had ever come out in the end. Then there is/was the war on booze, "Prohibition", the war on drugs, the war on smoking, the war on obesity, the gas wars of the early 70's. ect. yadda yadda.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Finally saw American Sniper this weekend. Very good movie.

I also saw Boyhood. I was surprised how good that one was as well.