American Sniper..

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I just finished watching this movie, I would highly recommend watching it, great movie, very deep with great quality.

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer
Yes, I really want to see it. It must really be good judging by the way Hollywood is starting a p!ssin" match over it,LOL!!
Mike

alldodge

Staff member
would like to see it but don't want to spend the coin. Also have 79 movies on DVR which have never seen from Freebies offered by HBO, Max and others. Sure there all 2013 mostly, few 2014 but never seen by us just the same

Tnstratofam

Commander
I hope it is the biggest box office smash there is. I don't know how long it will be till I can watch it. It took me nearly 10 years before I could bring myself to watch Black Hawk Down, and that was only with allot of help. I haven't seen anything more recent. It's just to hard!

Peace and Rest to all my brothers and sisters in arms who've gone on!

God Bless them all!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I hope it is the biggest box office smash there is. I don't know how long it will be till I can watch it. It took me nearly 10 years before I could bring myself to watch Black Hawk Down, and that was only with allot of help. I haven't seen anything more recent. It's just to hard!

God Bless them all!

I am right there with you brother, but it is worth seeing.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
IVe seen it and at first bite was not on the edge of my seat,, many scene's were to the point and inflammatory. After a few day's of processing i have ive realized that was the point one man's unwavering belief and courage on woman's incredible love and loyalty...one family's incredbile sacrafice. It's very humbling when i processed in its entirety. Not enough word's exist for that family and man. God's speed to them all.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
This is a very deep movie, that can be difficult to understand, after 23 years since I was in theater, this movie needed to be made. By its nature, War is inflammatory, people need to have at least a small understanding of what our people go through when we go to make a difference.

I, for one am glad they made it.

dwco5051

Commander

God Bless them all!

I truly understand. Christmas Eve my youngest boy who is the Navy and has done three tours in the Middle East asked me if I planned to see American Sniper. He knew that the last two movies I saw in a theater were Patton and Hunt for Red October as I just don't go to the movies. I said "maybe someday, how about you?" He answered "maybe someday." That was the end of the conversation.

I haven't thought I was ready yet to visit The Wall so I am not sure when someday will come.

If I want to see a movie bad I will hook up my VCR and watch Run Silent, Run Deep or Das Boot (With English subtitles) for the umpteenth time.

Last edited:

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
Just watched it on the laptop, Drama is not my type of move, but this is 5 star drama.
A story that had to be told, and I'm glad they did.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I truly understand. Christmas Eve my youngest boy who is the Navy and has done three tours in the Middle East asked me if I planned to see American Sniper. He knew that the last two movies I saw in a theater were Patton and Hunt for Red October as I just don't go to the movies. I said "maybe someday, how about you?" He answered "maybe someday." That was the end of the conversation.

I haven't thought I was ready yet to visit The Wall so I am not sure when someday will come.

If I want to see a movie bad I will hook up my VCR and watch Run Silent, Run Deep or Das Boot (With English subtitles) for the umpteenth time.

I fully understand. I still have tears on my cheeks. It is a powerful movie. and difficult to watch. But it needed to be made.

Last edited:

DayCruiser

Ensign
I don't watch movies anymore if the ole lady doesn't force me to lol Real life is bad enough for me. All the daily violence in the news. I don't find violence entertaining

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I read the book Run Silent Run Deep when I was in HS. I couldn't wait to get home from school to continue reading. Great book......

I'm not sure I'm going to see AS or not. I subscribe to the thought too that daily life is enough drama. And given the movie is apparently intense, I'm on the fence at the moment. I saw Saving Private Ryan and the beginning was too much for me. Still watched it....

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Seen it last weekend. Wife insisted! So seen it on Sat, in ER on Sunday to have gallbladder removed. Dam theater popcorn.
I don't normally go to the theater as I find they always have the sound too loud for my liking. Good movie and would watch it again.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
I've seen it twice, so far. It is not the typical war movie, not by a long shot, in fact I think the bigger story in the movie was how strong his wife was, and how War can jeopardize a family especially when the Warrior is so deeply devoted to saving the lives of those he protects.

This movie should make people think, Navy SEALS are the baddest of the bad, but at what point do we as a Nation stand up and tell our Warriors, you have done enough? Chris Kyle did 4 tours, and nearly lost his family. I don't know how else to say it but Dude was a Beast, and I am thankful that he fought for me, my family and our Nation, he bled Red, White and Blue. Thank goodness his wife was tough enough to stand up for her husband, even if that meant standing up to her husband.

I liken this movie to End of Watch, not the stereo typical cop movie but rather one that shows you the life but makes you think only AS goes so much further then EoW did, they are both great movies, but American Sniper was fantastic in my opinion.

And Jesse Ventura can jump of a tall cliff to.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Seen it last weekend. Wife insisted! So seen it on Sat, in ER on Sunday to have gallbladder removed. Dam theater popcorn.
I don't normally go to the theater as I find they always have the sound too loud for my liking. Good movie and would watch it again.

Sorry Buddy, I hope you are feeling better!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Sorry Buddy, I hope you are feeling better!

Time heals most things! Thanks LippCJ7. This thing struck out of the blue, no indication what-so-ever. I will say this, it was more painful than all my angina attacks.

On topic, we both really enjoyed the movie.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Saw it this weekend, it was ok. Not much of a sniper movie more of a drama. Navy seal wandering about the battlefield on a Sat phone with his wife. getting shot at more than he's shooting. Never saw that one coming. Most of the sniper action was him having to shoot kids, wow thanks Hollywood, we need the world to come away from that movie thinking US Navy Seals go around shooting kids.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Saw it this weekend, it was ok. Not much of a sniper movie more of a drama. Navy seal wandering about the battlefield on a Sat phone with his wife. getting shot at more than he's shooting. Never saw that one coming. Most of the sniper action was him having to shoot kids, wow thanks Hollywood, we need the world to come away from that movie thinking US Navy Seals go around shooting kids.

Were the kids armed? I'm guessing there's a reason where he had no choice? I suppose they could have shown mainly adults getting taken out. How graphic is it? Did they show limbs being blown off in slo mo? That's the reality of war, I believe it without the need to see it... I'm just not into gore. Al either.................