Well I normally don't watch football, but....

tpenfield

Staff member
At least you guys don't have to endure the "deflate-gate" noise like us Pats fans :lol:

Oh the misery of it all . . . more than just the footballs are deflated around here. NFL has leaked out some information, so that gets the news media in a frenzy of speculation. Today on the train ride home I saw an article about it in 'Business Insider' magazine . . . Business Insider ??? what do they know about football :noidea: . . . probably does not matter at this point.

Back on topic, I was yelling at the TV during the GB/Seattle game . . . totally routing for Green Bay and just could not believe the collapse at the end. The team and the fans must be completely bummed.

DayCruiser

Ensign
Or they still don't. Happens all the time as you say. Then you hear the "Good Non-call" remark!

You know your QB prefers his balls deflated. Like magic 11 out of 12 balls deflated..
I love football! Dallas Cowboy were robbed!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Today on the train ride home I saw an article about it in 'Business Insider' magazine . . . Business Insider ??? what do they know about football :noidea: . . . .

don't know about their specialty but foot ball is big business

http://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/

. totally routing for Green Bay and just could not believe the collapse at the end. The team and the fans must be completely bummed.

and kow you know what it felt like watching my Chiefs in the Playoffs last year. Second or third most epic loss in playoff history

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I decided just to attach the Pro Bowl to this thread. It's not worthy of its own....... Sorry MT!

I haven't watched the game in years, so I googled it. Here are the rules. I'd rather watch a kids schoolyard pickup game than the Pro Bowl. I guess they pick teams like a kids game. I would also llike to see the posts narrowed for regular season too so it isn't so automatic from 40yds and closer, most of the time anyway. I heard the Pro Bowl compared to a pillow fight...Lol
The Pro Bowl has different rules from other NFL games to make the game safer.[SUP][17][/SUP][SUP][18][/SUP]
  • No motion or shifting by the offense
  • Offense must have a tight end in all formations
  • Offense may have 1 or 2 receivers on the same side
  • Intentional grounding is legal
  • Defense must run a 4?3 at all times, though the Cover 2 is permitted[SUP][10][/SUP]
  • No press coverage except inside the 5-yard line
  • No blitz
  • Not allowed to rush a punt, PAT or FG attempt
  • Two timeouts per period. If team has one unused timeout left over at end of the odd period they can carry over to next period; however they can't carry over from one half to next, nor from 4th period into first overtime.
  • Teams trade possessions after each period (except at the start of 3rd period/3 OT, when the team that lost the coin toss has the choice to receive or defer to other team)
  • Kickoffs are eliminated (including free kicks)[SUP][10][/SUP]
  • Teams will start on their own 25-yard line after any score or at the start of each period[SUP][10][/SUP]
  • 2-minute warning in every period
  • 35-second play clock (rather than 40 seconds) to run plays
  • Clock won't stop on sacks outside last 2 minutes of regulation/4th overtime
  • Clock stops in last 2 minutes of each period when team with ball can't gain any yardage
  • 44-player roster per team
  • Clock starts after incompletions on referee's signal outside last 2 minutes of 2nd period/2 OT or last 5 minutes of 4th/4 OT

tpenfield

Staff member
Yup, pretty much an exposition game . . . it seems that the NFL is trying to make it more exciting and raise interest in it, because it is boring.

BTW - I just got back from the Patriots send-off rally at Boston City Hall. The team was heading to the airport from there, and just in time too, with the big snow storm coming. Flakes are already in the air. Sea Hawks are already in AZ. My brother is going, but I guess he did not have an extra ticket, 'cuz I got no invite :(

82rude

Rear Admiral
news flash!this just in !fox borough stadium has been sold !forever to be know as nerf stadium.

thumpar

Admiral
The Hawks send off was crazy. A mile long stretch. I have some friends going. Yesterday I saw a report that Hawks fans are buy tickets 5:1 over Pats fans. Might look like a home game for them.