Well I normally don't watch football, but....

alldodge

Staff member
I'm weird by most folks standards, I don't watch sports at all, unless made to do. The one exception is super bowl and that is only if the admiral is home :(

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I'm weird by most folks standards, I don't watch sports at all, unless made to do. The one exception is super bowl and that is only if the admiral is home :(

I can honestly say, you missed a good game, 3 quarters in, it was real boring and then with 2 minutes to go, somebody lit a fire under the Seahawks butt!

RGrew176

Commander
Great game. Kudos to Seattle. I was pulling for the Pack but hey, Seattle did what they had to do to win. Go Patriots.

alldodge

Staff member
I do have to retract just slightly on sports watching. I do watch sports, T-ball, little league and high school so long as the grand kids are in it. T-ball and little league is best Use to love stock car racing until it changed to nascar

thumpar

Admiral
I almost had a nervous breakdown during the game. Since I can remember I have been a Hawks fan. I don't watch much sports but when the Hawks are on I do.

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Being A Cowboy's Fan that is transplanted temporarily in Seattle, I constantly tell my co-workers and anyone else that will listen how bad the Sea Chickens are and the fans are simply riding the band wagon from last year. I also tell them that the 12th man was stolen from Texas. This morning, when i went in to work, i had to enter the Sea Chicken Witness Protection Program, wore a paper bag on my head so as not to be recognized. Co-workers made sure that I knew who won yesterday.

thumpar

Admiral
Being A Cowboy's Fan that is transplanted temporarily in Seattle, I constantly tell my co-workers and anyone else that will listen how bad the Sea Chickens are and the fans are simply riding the band wagon from last year. I also tell them that the 12th man was stolen from Texas. This morning, when i went in to work, i had to enter the Sea Chicken Witness Protection Program, wore a paper bag on my head so as not to be recognized. Co-workers made sure that I knew who won yesterday.
Most are not bandwagon fans. I have been a fan all my life. The 12th thing was not stolen. They pay a royalty for the use of it to Texas.

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Thumpar, I just enjoy trying to rile up the co-workers. The fan base here is definitely loyal. The 12th man, well Texas had it first but Sea Chickens are paying for the use of it now. It is all fun and games with me and the co-workers. They are some diehard fans and truly enjoy the game. The company sponsors Blue Fridays as well as has corporate seats.

Enjoy the game, the season, and the fun.

rogerwa

Commander
Green Bay really snatched defeat from the jaws of Victory. As a MN fan I can say - now you know how it feels.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

During the NFC Championship game I once again heard my favorite expression by a supposedly non-biased announcing team. "That was a Good Non-Call" Now how biased can it get? If the play was illegal then it should have been called. Period! But I guess because it went in favor of the team they are routing for it's OK. Same as the very last play of the game. The defender should have been called for Pass Interference. But he wasn't. Another Selective Non-Call!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Aren't they the same ones that lost to both the Raiders and the Titans? :)

rub-salt.jpg

:D:D:D

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Same as the very last play of the game. The defender should have been called for Pass Interference. But he wasn't. Another Selective Non-Call!
Since the Seattle guy caught the ball anyway, there was no reason to throw the flag. That is very common.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Since the Seattle guy caught the ball anyway, there was no reason to throw the flag. That is very common.

And what if he had not caught it? NO review either! Just another example of selective calls.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
At least you guys don't have to endure the "deflate-gate" noise like us Pats fans :lol: