Chevy vs Volkswagen

Bigprairie1

Commander
This probably has more to do with all wheel drive vs. 4-wheel drive and having traction control to equally distribute power without wheel spin.
All these types of youtube moments should be taken in better context rather than what appears to be 'the ultra winner'.
It would be interesting to watch the 2 of them haul a bobcat trailer up a 5 mile hill and then take a quick snapshot of the gauges...fuel economy, engine/trans temp, etc.
Personally, I won't buy a German car until they improve their reliability, particularly with respect to anything electronic.
I have a lot of friends that are all about the 'German/Euro' stuff and on occasion they come clean about what the repairs cost and their associated roadside shut-down annoyances. Apparently its much easier and accepted to gripe about the American built stuff....and much harder when you pay substantially more for the German option and start getting troublesome and ongoing problems. This often flys in the face of why you buy and own transportation on any level.
The Golf is still probably the best of the lot.
My two bits.
BP

Last edited: