Random

gm280

Supreme Mariner
A college student at a recent football game challenged a senior citizen sitting next to him, saying it was impossible for their generation to under stand his. "You grown up in a different world" the student stated loud enough for a large crowd to hear him. "Today we have television, jet planes, space travel, man walked on the Moon, we have spaceships that visited Mars, we have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light speed processing,.. and uh...." Taking advantage of a pause in the student's litany, the old geezer said, "Your right. We didn't have those things when we were young; so we invented them, you little twit! What are YOU doing for the next generation?"

sam60

Captain
A gift from the southwest, currently a cool 48* in the high desert.

Thor.jpg

64osby

Admiral
We had a gift today too, it made it up to 26 f. It is much better than below zero like yesterday morning.

According to the local weather channel SW Michigan had the 4th coldest February on record.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Monday morning humor;

One night a woman came home from her prayer meeting, found she was being robbed, and she shouted out "Acts 2:38: 'Repent and be baptized and your sins will be forgiven". The robber quickly gave up and the lady called the police. While handcuffing the robber, the policeman said "Gee mate, you gave up pretty easy. How comes you gave up so easily?" The robber said, "She had an axe and two 38's!"

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
desktop-1424116548.jpg

64osby

Admiral
1001037-2.jpg
The Admiral showed this to me this morning. Should I be worried?:eek:

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
The Admiral & I have seen similar pix w/ slightly different text, but the divorcee's in my office all thought it accurate........ :facepalm:

Reminds me of Left Brain goes to the grocery:

aspeck

Staff member
The Admiral & I have seen similar pix w/ slightly different text, but the divorcee's in my office all thought it accurate........ :facepalm:

Reminds me of Left Brain goes to the grocery:

Absolutely love Jeanne Robertson ... according to my wife, I can really relate to "left brain!"

jbcurt00

Staff member
Absolutely love Jeanne Robertson ... according to my wife, I can really relate to "left brain!"

I get called a random smattering (sp??) of Left Brain/Sheldon(from BigBangTheory)/Leonard(also from BBT)/Howard(again, from BBT)

As long as she don't call me John Bradley, the Admiral can call me whatever she'd like.

But if she uses my middle name ^^^, donkey's in trouble, probably best to :bolt:
:madgrin:
Then I play Rodney Carrington's Man Song to make sure we understand what's what
:suspicious:
:washing:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I read an interesting article this morning while waiting for my wife to finish up with her physical therapy for her neck. The article was in an older (November 2014 Field and Stream if I remember right) magazine in the waiting room. Yes they are not what you would call the latest and greatest, but you have to pass the time somehow. They were talking about some old timers that were fishing and since times were hard, they actually took old spark plugs and somehow managed to attach treble hooks on them and cast them for fish. It looked like the treble hooks were attached to the electrode end and supposedly they were actually catching fish. But you had to be really careful because the weight made them cast very fast and far and would start sinking very quickly. So you have to start cranking the reel handle instantly to control the sink rate and speed... I just bet they made a huge splash when entering the water! :eek: Probablly sounded like an anchor hitting the water... :facepalm:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
i had to google that an only came up with lure retrievers, not actual lures

Now I have to re-read that article because they weren't talking about lure retrievals, but actual spark plug fishing lures. So Monday she has another physical therapy appointment and I'll get more info from the magazine. I'm sure it will still be there. They don't seem to change them out often with newer ones.