Random

gm280

Supreme Mariner
This thing boogies....... 80mph.....

Oh that brings back memories of my R/C days. I made a 3 foot Miss Unlimited Hydroplane. Of course it was no where need that fast. I was powered by a .40 2-cycle engine. Well I was wanting to run it really bad and didn't have any place I knew I could. So I went to a smaller lake in the city that was a community lake for the residence surrounding the lake.

I fueled it up and cranked it and went boating. Problem was I had no plan to retrieve it once it stopped. And it did stop out in the middle of the lake. :facepalm: Next problem was this older lady walked over from her house and started yelling at us to get out of there that she was calling the police. I tried to explain to her that my boat was still out in the lake. She didn't care and told us to leave NOW!

So we packed up and sadly left. The next morning I snuck back out there and the boat had floated to the side, thank goodness. I got it back without her knowing it. But I can't remember what ever happened to that boat now. :noidea:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Kinda cool, but how would you like to do it all day.........

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Kinda cool, but how would you like to do it all day.........

Except for the metal being molted, it kind of remains me of molding lead for making bullets. Same type setup but on a smaller scale. But the way it looks as he was pushing in the wheels looks very similar. And then you scrape off the slag. Love it. :thumb:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Except for the metal being molted, it kind of remains me of molding lead for making bullets. Same type setup but on a smaller scale. But the way it looks as he was pushing in the wheels looks very similar. And then you scrape off the slag. Love it. :thumb:

Yep, made rounds for BP guns. A .58 cal mini ball takes a lot of lead.......