Poll on wholeeeeeeeee workmans comp issues, lemme know if you guys wanna hear

Poll on wholeeeeeeeee workmans comp issues, lemme know if you guys wanna hear

• Total voters

ezbtr

Commander
dont want to bore anyone,hope it COULD actually help someone, NONE of these agencies are gonna just give you advice, what to do next etc, :facepalm:

bassman284

Commander
Absolutely. Having followed my brother's WC saga for over 3 years now I'm interested to hear how yours is going. And I think it's useful for people to know workman's comp is not just a friendly little app sitting around waiting to help you.

ezbtr

Commander
I'll put something together soon, I feel fortunate I can weather the storm, but feel bad for some folks who maybe cant, God, what are they supposed to do when still hurt and cant work??

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Been there and done that, here in WV they let you draw it about 6 months, then what ever doctor your seeing will kick you off and you get paper work telling you the clam is settled unless you file a appeal, according to the laws you have to be able to return and do the job you were doing or you get permanent disability, so it ends up in court after a few years, from 1 to as many as 4.

ezbtr

Commander
if anyone is interested, I'll PM you all the details (CA. stuff here) but finally I got my first disability payment, plus retroactive! :facepalm:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Is this really a great topic to start here in a boating forum? I can easily see this turning into a political nightmare... While I see a need, I'm not so sure this forum is the proper place for such arguments knowing how close it is to violating the rules and regs governing these forums... Just saying!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I am not involved in this, but it would seem this would be the appropriate place to post a non-boating topic.

bassman284

Commander
if anyone is interested, I'll PM you all the details (CA. stuff here) but finally I got my first disability payment, plus retroactive! :facepalm:
PM me, ez. I'd be interested to see how it worked out. Not quite sure why some are uncomfortable with this.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
MTboatguy, I certainly am not trying to cause problems with anybody, but workman's comp is really close to a political topic because of who is allowing such payments these days. I see it getting into politics so easily, that I know I would jump in with my political slanted views really quick. That was my only questioning... Sorry to unset the apple cart... :facepalm:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
gm280, not upsetting at all, I was just wondering, this system does have non topic area and I thought it fit here, heck, I am no one to complain about workmans comp claims, I have been through my fair share with the Army! They are still doing surgeries on me over 20 years later(Those AK rounds do more damage that you can imagine). I do understand the need to talk about it and thought this was a good place to talk about those frustrations, I can really understand someone going through it.

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
MTboatguy, Man I am really sorry to hear you're still having problems from the war and I would like to sincerely thank you for your service as well. My hat's off to you sir... :sentimental:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
MTboatguy, Man I am really sorry to hear you're still having problems from the war and I would like to sincerely thank you for your service as well. My hat's off to you sir... :sentimental:

Thanks, I am happy to be still kicking around! and doing something they told me I would never do again, Walking and driving a car!

:D

Last edited:

ezbtr

Commander
Is this really a great topic to start here in a boating forum? I can easily see this turning into a political nightmare... While I see a need, I'm not so sure this forum is the proper place for such arguments knowing how close it is to violating the rules and regs governing these forums... Just saying!
yes it is. good grief, I'm just trying to help other folks out! I dont do politics.................. :facepalm:

ezbtr

Commander
Just a short rundown on my CA. workmans comp, state disability, early social security issues after getting hurt at work (has been a year) , I really hope this helps out someone else, none of these agencies tries very hard, you are at their mercy, I learned to educate myself really fast.

Workman?s comp took care of my hospital, surgery and treatment (mine for life on leg ? 2 screws, 2 rods, and back) they have yet to look at my back. I got one year of pay at 66% tax free which equals my take home before.
I have one outstanding ding on my credit report from the hospital even though I told collections that this was all work related/WC, will get that cleared hopefully this week.
I had to get two attorneys, one for WC,(and to get a new doctor ? the docs who do WC are pushed to get you in and out of the system ASAP - the other for Longshoreman?s bennies (longshoremans hearing some time this year I hear) , I am not a longshoreman but work for a company that supports all in same facilities etal at port, in IT, like the ship cranes and all else IT related.
I just, since having my new doc ok my 100% disability, (he was shocked no one had looked at my back after the fall I took, I lied and got it xrayed at Kaiser, no breaks they say) got 1[SUP]st[/SUP] payment, this was a 6 week deal to get someone to call back, and retroactive from last November, I pity folks who live paycheck to paycheck. The EDD website had incorrect phone #?s, no way to leave a vmail, are going through a phone system upgrade, and between Thanksgiving and the first week of the new year were 90% short on people due to vacations etc, the docs office doesn?t even know the correct #?s, I?ll update them this week. I made at least 35 phone calls and got lucky in having a nice woman actually answer the phone to get me pointed in right direction. They automatically messed up my on line claim as I had answered yes to having HAD received WC (they immediately think you are still getting those bennies) . Ironically enough, the docs billing lady who deals with WC, disability etc, told me to take the Spanish speaking option as someone would probably pick up my calls, not accurate in my case but what the heck?????? Once I actually had humans to talk to, they were pretty helpful, and they KNOW their whole system is very flawed?..
My new doc and myself had done everything correct in all the forms they/I had filed even though the online system said I had to fill out a NON EXISTENT form. (1.5 weeks wasted , me researching right there) .
And all this BS about politically incorrect on this forum???? Good grief, I?m just trying to educate and possibly help some folks in the same situation!
I?m sure I may have left some details out, please let me know if any questions,
Heinz

P.S. Boy all this crap will sure get you smoking again ;(
oh and by the way, you can get state disability and early social security disability at the same time

MOD EDIT - No email links, removed

Last edited by a moderator:

ezbtr

Commander
oh boy, after lawyers, NOW I get back checked out this Friday and PT, golly gee whiz>......:cool: