put the patch on just now, again..............

ezbtr

Commander
maybe this time it will work, gf n kids always supportive :cold:

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class
The Admiral gave it up using Champix. Got a prescription and followed the instructions. A couple of days after giving up the we left for a weekend poker run. Forgot the Champix at home. No issues with wanting to take it back up the whole weekend. Threw out the pills when we got home.

Only issue was the weird dreams. These were cut down when she took the pill first thing in the morning before work.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I found the dreams not weird as I have those anyway - just more vivid and easier to remember after waking.

BTW I still smoke.

Tnstratofam

Commander
It took me several years, and several failed methods. In the end I just got fed up with not being able to breath, and spending so much of my hard earned money just to kill myself slowly. I quit cold turkey 7 and 1/2 years ago. You gotta really wanna quit or it will never happen. Good luck.

thumpar

Admiral
I quite slowly. First I stopped smoking in my car. I would get in the car and light up a smoke every time. It wasn't a conscious thing, it just happened. I always smoked outside the house and one day I realized I hadn't had a smoke in a few days. This was just after my 6 year old son was born so I think that put something into my head. Every once in a while I still get the urge to smoke but it only lasts for a split second.

My cousin was on chantix and thought he was loosing his mind. He went to the doctor to find out what was wrong and they took him off it. It was an interesting couple weeks on facebook with his posts.

bassman284

Commander
Yeah, a friend of mine quit on chantrix but said the dreams about finished him off. My dreams are already plenty weird enough. I don't necessarily need to enhance them.

nwcove

Admiral
smoked for 25 years....tried the pills, tried the patch, tried acupuncture, gum etc. bought an e-cig thingy.....not a cig since day one, no urge to smoke a real cig, nada. just hope to pass the e cig off in a few months and be done with it.

ezbtr

Commander
Tried Welbutrin a ways back, gave me headaches,heard about bad reactions, did the patch before but stopped(cant remember why) gum (both kinda worked) only had half a smoke all yesterday, doesnt taste good (with patch on), have the Vibe ecig, doesnt do much for me, we'll see ;)

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
A year ago I quit Copenhagen after 34 years. I could enjoy a chew right now :( No cravings, it just sounds like an enjoyable thing still.
Many guys have told me they quit 10, 15, 20 years ago and having a chew still sounds good! But after a year it is very easy to say no .
Hang in there! Good Luck