Got to Love Her

alldodge

Staff member
I love the Admiral but sometimes I see something which makes me stop and shake my head. She saves everything just incase anyone, and I mean anyone needs it. Works for different charity groups to help out the local folks. Loves to shop for bargains and does a heck of a job at it. It's what she likes to do, my only issue is having enough toilet paper, paper towels, olive oil, fabric softener to start our own store. The stuff is piled in anyplace she can find. Our place looks lived in, not sloppy I think kind of nice, I like it. Only issue is the stuff keeps coming in and we are running out of room.

Recycles the bottles but keeps the sprayers just In case, at least to could second as a Red/Green decoration. Shake my head but, got to Love her and grin :D :facepalm:

Photo459.jpg

tpenfield

Staff member
:thumb: Truth be told, I often save spray bottles for use in spraying all sorts of chemicals, paints, etc. in my various projects.

alldodge

Staff member
Yep I have a few as well, but not as many as her, I could show another pic of spray bottles :facepalm: Her sister works for a company which makes all kinds of liquid cleaning stuff and she gets all kinds of, lets say "samples". There is a closet here with nothing but 24 and 30 roll packages or toilet paper and paper towels

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey Dodge - The Admiral is prepared for the coming Zombie Apocalypse. You will be grateful she had such forethought. ;)

My admiral has a spare closet crammed full of TP, paper towels, tea bags, canned goods and cleaning stuff. We will survive!

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Well,most spray bottles have a ss or at least a metal check ball in them. I ran onto a situation once,where I was servicing my floor jack,lost the checkball. Just so happend to spot a spray bottle in the shop,took it apart and the check ball was the correct size. Put it together,worked like a champ! Recycle at it's best! Since then I have collected about a dozen check balls for that " just in case" scerinio...

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
It's all good, recycle, zombie apocalypses, Semper Paratus. She lets me buy stuff over 1000 and she buys all the stuff under that, got to love her.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the extra spray heads come in handy spraying sealant on the boat canvas. I go thru 2 spray heads every application. they give out about half way thru the job. same goes with bleach water spraying into the bilge (my two beer coolers empty to the bilge - just spent a day cleaning out 3/8" thick of fuzzy stuff).

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer
Last winter those would have saved me buying a spray bottle. I hav a few, but don't want to mix certain chemicals...example, I don't want to clean my car reusing a bottle of tilex.

My admiral just saves everything that's ever been given to her. Period. About 2 months ago this 5 yr old never used olive oil bottle full onto the stove twice while I was cooking. I suggested to the wife that it may get disposed of the next time it gets in my way. Lo and behold, fell on the stove when cooking the kids breakfast yesterday, so I tossed it. She found it in the trash and pulled it out and was mad. I harrassed her about it and got the idea to wrap it up and re-gift it to her this Christmas. At least this way I get to live without the bottle for nearly three weeks.

It's the little things that keep me going