luxury yacht stop over en route to Fla

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I like this:

When things go wrong, you’ve got to know what to do. When everything’s going fine, anyone can do it. The bridge is like a spaceship, but if it goes down, I’m an old-school sailor.”

aspeck

Staff member
Aww, Redneck, we all know you want one for Christmas!

Tnstratofam

Commander
If that showed up under my Christmas tree I'd probably die from shock before I got a chance to enjoy it. It may not be pretty, but it sure is cool!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If it showed up under my Christms tree I'm sure I'd have no problem warming up to it...... :)

roffey

Commander
At a 1000 liters per hour I couldn't afford to even start it, up here in Canada we pay a dollar per liter and that the cheapest it been in years.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Wow - a different world. At 1,000 litres per hour at full power and 40,000 litre capacity, I would guess there's either plenty of fueling stops, or it's much more "economical" when running at less than full power.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I know a few of the folks at Paradise Johnson that worked on it. it wont be in FL very long, headed to the Caribbean for Christmas with all the other yachts (with the exception of M/Y Rockstar as of this morning)

It only has 5000hp with a top speed of 55 knots.

there are boats with excess of 9000hp and top speed of 75 knots http://www.charterworld.com/?sub=yacht-charter&charter=alamshar-2112

and we complain about fuel prices with our boats.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Wow - a different world. At 1,000 litres per hour at full power and 40,000 litre capacity, I would guess there's either plenty of fueling stops, or it's much more "economical" when running at less than full power.

yeah at cruise probably double (at least) that.