ok guys bare with me, but starting a blog of my co's safety hazards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezbtr

Commander
I got hurt bad a year ago, leg and back, in the midst of attys, docs u name it, workmans comp cut by 70%, buddy kiiled 2 yrs ago day I bought my house, I dont want to go back, Im IT, I trust no one, they "tell" us to go do dangerous stuff w/o giving a care, thoughts??? Yeah I know Im pushin it but I aint goin back

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
If you don't want to do dangerous stuff don't do dangerous stuff . Maybe you could go to school to become a Safety Director and work for a company that needs and wants one .. Your company doesn't have a safety plan ?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I don't get it. You are an IT person. Get a different job somewhere else.

Jeep Man

Commander
Exactly what kind of IT were you doing Heinz.? Any IT guys I work with in many, many locations never seem to be doing "dangerous" work. For the most part they are installing, relocating, or repairing desktops and laptops, occasionally running cable or loading, scanning, or updating programs.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
^^^ And cutting holes in my finished walls running cables they forgot ^^ :lol:

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I got hurt bad a year ago, leg and back, in the midst of attys, docs u name it, workmans comp cut by 70%, buddy kiiled 2 yrs ago day I bought my house, I dont want to go back, Im IT, I trust no one, they "tell" us to go do dangerous stuff w/o giving a care, thoughts??? Yeah I know Im pushin it but I aint goin back

If you are in the middle of legal cases, you should NOT be making any comments here. Leave that to your attorneys. Anything you say here may jeopardise those cases.

southkogs

Staff member
Not to mention, any blogging you do about one company's safety issues can be seen by any future potential employer. Social media has killed many a job offer.

ezbtr

Commander
No Title

Attachments

• photo212623.jpg
    photo212623.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212624.jpg
    photo212624.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212625.jpg
    photo212625.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212626.jpg
    photo212626.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212627.jpg
    photo212627.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212628.jpg
    photo212628.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0

ezbtr

Commander
No Title

These are my "desktops" , yup we do the PC's too :D

Attachments

• photo212629.jpg
    photo212629.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212630.jpg
    photo212630.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo212631.jpg
    photo212631.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0

ezbtr

Commander
Exactly what kind of IT were you doing Heinz.? Any IT guys I work with in many, many locations never seem to be doing "dangerous" work. For the most part they are installing, relocating, or repairing desktops and laptops, occasionally running cable or loading, scanning, or updating programs.
you funny guy you, just uploaded pics :cool:

achris

More fish than mountain goat
So, you've just identified your employer... Not too bright that move. :facepalm: Did you even read what Southkogs and I wrote?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Any job working around heavy machinery is hazardous work. Every facility I visit requires some sort of saftey training / review before accessing a site.

Safety is a personal responsibility. Injuries and fatalities, at least in my industry, are usually the result of someone taking a short cut or risk. Lockouts and restricted areas are there for a purpose

Last edited:

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class
I don't know about our southern neighbours but up here we have something written in OHS called "The right to refuse". In its simplest translation thus means that any work that can/will cause danger to a person, property, material or environment can be refused by a worker.

Some jurisdictions go as far as having an obligation to refuse. This means that if work will cause harm HAS to be refused. On top of this, there is the no retribution clause. This means that any worker that has refused work causing imminent harm cannot be disciplined or terminated for this action.

And if a worker does refuse harm then a supervisor can't simply assign another worker. That supervisor has to advise the second worker of the refusal and reasons for refusal to the second worker.

I'm sure your federal OSHA has something similar. And OHS act and Regulations have to be readily available to all workers. Check into your standards in the US.

alldodge

Staff member
Here is what I get from the postings:
Hurt soft tissue areas a year ago at work
Attorney's and Doctors hard at it trying to keep the money coming in but it was cut by 70 percent.
Pic's do not confirm IT work
Work is dockside which is hazardous
You want to start a blog in an attempt to gain sympathy for your cause

sam60

Captain
I think that most people have posted something that they wish they hadn't, somewhere.... whether ezbtr agrees is his opinion. The guy has been an iboats member since '02. Piling on doesn't seem right to me.

Maybe a PM to him from a Mod asking if he would like the comments removed would be more fitting.

ezbtr

Commander
no I didnt post any blogs, pics are of some areas I work at, company name isnt shown anywhere, I guess I was just frurstated :cool:
I would just like to NOT see anyone else get hurt I suppose, I had rods, screws inserted to put leg back together, and soft tissue(??, not looked at yet) damage to back

Last edited:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
This is being closed to protect the original poster and prevent any future arguments. I am taking the responsibility for the closing and it is being reviewed by the Moderator Team.

Thanks for understanding.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.