Macy's Parade NYC

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Now this falls into a special category this year. My youngest sister will be riding on top of the Big Apple Float taking pictures. The float is going to be surrounded by clowns (My sister hates clowns !!)

The float can be seen from previous parades if you google it and look at the images.

I am at work so I will go to the Social.Macys.com/parade/ to watch the event. I know my viewing seat may not have the ambiance but I have coffee and very comfortable work surroundings.

Happy Thanksgiving all

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That's cool, Bob. I missed watching the parade, but the Admiral didn't. She never misses it. Hope you aren't working late.

Happy Thanksgiving.

tpenfield

Staff member
Very cool. Sorry to hear you have to work today. Hope it is not for too long.

BTW - We had breakfast at the "Sugar & Spice" on Rt 4 :) They close at noon, so hopefully the wait staff will have enough time today to enjoy the holiday.

Bob_VT

Staff member
Very cool. Sorry to hear you have to work today. Hope it is not for too long.

BTW - We had breakfast at the "Sugar & Spice" on Rt 4 :) They close at noon, so hopefully the wait staff will have enough time today to enjoy the holiday.
WHAT!! We are about 10 minutes from there! Are you skiing?

tpenfield

Staff member
Visiting the FIL for Thanksgiving. He is 80 years old and happy that we all came up. No skiing this time as we are heading out in the AM to visit more family.

Sent you a PM . . .

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Bob that's really cool! I have the greatest memories of going down to the Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade as a kid. Always thought it'd be cool to be on one of those floats ... maybe not in Detroit anymore, though :D

aspeck

Staff member
So, did your sister ride, or was her butt kicked off the seat by the boss lady? I was too busy yesterday to watch ...

Bob_VT

Staff member
So, did your sister ride, or was her butt kicked off the seat by the boss lady? I was too busy yesterday to watch ...

Yup! She rode!