AA breakdown renewal - how much?

kusonpadam91

Banned
"How much??? You're having a giraffe"

Thats what I was thinking when I got my renewal through the post today. The only way to cancel the renewal is to call them - no email or electronic contact is allowed, and if you cancel the direct debit they'll pursue payment by other means 'in order to ensure you continue to be covered'. Thats a really nasty touch AA !

So after listening to the spiel for almost a quarter of an hour I managed to get it cancelled.

I visited Martin Lewis' website and found a link to Quidco, joined (for free) and then joined the RAC. Exactly the same cover for £120 - rather than the £204.46 that the AA wanted (which correctly reflects the cost of the service apparently - despite me not calling them out last year). I only paid £95 to join the AA originally! So £120 is less than the revised offer of approx £125 made by the AA call centre... and is made sweeter by the Quidco cashback offer of £45
smile.gif
Thats just £75 after the cashback - a result!

So, perhaps I owe the AA an apology - if their renewal hadn't been so outrageously laughable I wouldn't have refused their lowest offer on a matter of principal and looked elsewhere...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
A public warning........... If you intend to steer, direct or advise member's to any financial websites then you are NOT in the right forum. This is a 99% BOATING web site and the largest in the world. So kusonpadam91 I have this feeling you are not a boater - YET!

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
He is referring to the AA and RAC (Royal Auto Club)....same as AAA.....so seems likely from the UK.
Not sure what the issue is though. :confused: He decided not to renew with one because he found a better deal elsewhere; that's just commerce.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
After some careful research........... his issue is spelled spam. Seeya!