Boy I would sure like to find that guy named "Sam" because.....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Huh, that is what I am saying! and I am going to have to crawl under that darn plow truck in the morning to see if I can fix that heater! At least I know as of today, the batteries are not bad, they were just really cold, but not frozen, I took them to the shop and they warmed them up and checked everything, so looking for battery blankets to at least keep them warmer than they are when it gets so cold!

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Once you get the heater working try putting in a circulating heater. They work by warming up the coolant. That way when you go out on those cold mornings to start plowing the engine is already warm and your heater is blowing warm air. No waiting for the engine to heat up.

The other option is a s-bar heater. The work off the fuel you use to run the truck. They also have a rapid response once started. Some of the high end models can be set up on a timer. This is so the vehicle is warm if you use it the same time each day.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Boy, you can't even get to the engine block heater in this rig, without taking the starter out!, which is not an easy prospect when it is this cold and that darn thing is really heavy, I think I will just put a radiator hose heater in it and call it good until next summer!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I thought you were looking for me for a minute .. Can't help ya with the cold battery ... You could just park it in my yard it's only gunna be in the 40's tonight down here ... And that's way to cold for me ! :D

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Once you get the heater working try putting in a circulating heater. They work by warming up the coolant. That way when you go out on those cold mornings to start plowing the engine is already warm and your heater is blowing warm air. No waiting for the engine to heat up.

The other option is a s-bar heater. The work off the fuel you use to run the truck. They also have a rapid response once started. Some of the high end models can be set up on a timer. This is so the vehicle is warm if you use it the same time each day.

Boy oh boy, those Espar heaters are Expensive!