Dear Members from Up North ...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
We sucked in another fish! Did you buy some peanuts and peaches? :laugh:

No only in Cartersville not many opportunities that I know of. Now the trip off 75 over to Tallahassee that is a different story following the Alabama/Florida turnpike. I've never felt the desire to stop; I can hear faint strums from the banjos...

Let me know how that works for ya' RJ. I may have to make a trip to Atlanta!

I'm headed back tomorrow; how about I bring some warm temps back with me??

southkogs

Staff member
^^^ ya' mighta' sent 'em ahead. Kinda' tolerable out there again. I ditched my coat this afternoon.

thumpar

Admiral
Whe I first met the Admiral and found out she was from Newfoundland, I asked her what they did here. She told me that they fish and F$&@. And in winter they don't fish. lol
Now I know where to look for my next wife.

Bigprairie1

Commander
Wow.....watching the news on the situation in Buffalo....unbelievable. Thats a lot of snow....thats going to be hard on the city and state budget which is already running a shoestring.
I feel we are getting off very lucky up here in the PNW (B.C/Washington State) although we don't get much winter in terms of snow.....often none. We did get down to some cooler temps over the last week, hitting '0' (0°c, 32°f) a few times but nice clear, sunny days....a bit of a gift up here in winter.
I was able to get the last grass cut of the year this past sunday and hopefully thats it for the year.
Stay safe guys and remember.....snow tires are entirely different than 'all season' tires....invest in SNOW tires.....take it from a Canadian...LOL.
All good
BP

Last edited:

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
my heartfelt sympathy to our cousins in the buffalo area.boy are they getting wacked!

Except for my kids, most people around here think I'm nuts when I mention how much I love the snow. It actually eases the pain of having pulled my boat about a week ago. Now it's on to enjoying the water in another state (not State).

(full disclosure - I have the proper equipment and experience to deal with the white gold and truly feel for those who are not as fortunate around here this week)

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
^^^^ I do feel bad for a lot of the folks in trouble up in Buffalo. But, thinking back to some of the snows of the late 70s (particularly 78, I think) ... I think I would enjoy a few days in that kind of pile of snow.

I would think totally differently if it was my roof that was cracking, or my door I couldn't get out of.

southkogs

Staff member
Whoah ... with the rain hittin' it's not fun anymore. Y'all, we'll keep the cold that was sent down here on accident after all. You've got enough to deal with up there!

aspeck

Staff member
If I had been fully recovered from surgery I would have made a trip to Buffalo ... would have been fun! But alas, not lifting or straining prevented me from making the trip. Now I want to be far away ... although I love snow, I HATE wet snow and icy snow. That is NOT FUN AT ALL! Was jealous of Buffalo for a few days, now I feel sorrow for them.