Husbands for Sale

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
The Husband Store, a store that sells husbands to single women, opens a local branch where a woman may go to choose from many available men.
At the entrance is a description of how the store operates.
There are only six floors. It states that the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch: As you open the door to any floor you may choose any man from that floor, but if you go up a floor, you cannot go back down except to exit the building.
So, Jane decides to go to the Husband Store to find herself a mate.
She gets to the first floor and the sign says:
"Floor 1 — These men have jobs."
She figures she can do better, so she goes up the next flight.
"Floor 2 — These men have jobs and love kids."
Not bad, she decides, but what about companionship? She moves on.
"Floor 3 — These men have jobs, love kids and are extremely good looking."
Wow, she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the 4th floor and sign reads:
"Floor 4 — These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking and help with the housework."
"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"
Still, she goes to the 5th floor, where the sign reads:
"Floor 5 — These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak."
She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:
Floor 6 — You are visitor #46,012 to this floor today. There are no men on this floor.
This floor exists solely to prove that women are impossible to please.
Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.
Watch your step when you exit the building and have a nice day!

Tnstratofam

Commander
Thats funny! Thank goodness the Admiral stopped at the second floor and picked me up!

aspeck

Staff member
I'm glad my wife stopped at floor 5! Ha! Good one, Mr. Frank!

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
I'm thinkin' that whatever store the Admiral got me from, there must have been a basement.

Thanks for the laugh!

Volphin

Lieutenant
Yeah, I was the guy in the alley sayin'... It's a trap! LOL
No complaints about my first mate. :)

Bigprairie1

Commander
What would be funny is to see what the woman's equivalent would look like...lol
Interestingly the guys/mens version gets more complicated as you go up every floor....I think the womens would get less complicated as their appeal rose...lol.
ie: Woman- 1st floor: Loves to shop and nice things, wants to be a housewife, likes to make herself pretty, wants lots of kids....lol.
...feel free to weigh in!!
All good
BP

agallant80

Commander
The Wife Store is much easier but you can only pick 3

She is hot
She has domestic skills
She is good in the bedroom
She makes money
She is not on antidepressants
Shes not mean as a snake

Return Policy: At least two years of making your life difficult and 1/2 of your net worth.

Last edited:

nwcove

Admiral

She is hot
She has domestic skills
She makes money
Shes not mean as a snake

Return Policy: At least two years of making your life difficult and 1/2 of your net worth.

lol....that sounds like a concept car of the future.....looks good on paper....but is beyond reality.

Jeep Man

Commander
I never knew what happiness was until I got married.............Unfortunately, at that point, it was too late.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

She is hot
She has domestic skills
She makes money
Shes not mean as a snake

Did you know that 75% of women are on some kind of antipsychotic drug in the United States?

Do you know what that means? It means 25% go untreated!!

agallant80

Commander
Did you know that 75% of women are on some kind of antipsychotic drug in the United States?

After my X wife I told myself that I would never get involved with a woman on any medication. I was able to find a sane one for the 2nd time around. If she goes on meds then I guess I know its my fault.

nwcove

Admiral

....and now are you aware that 100% of female iboats members that read yer post want to stab you in the eye with a pencil ! :eek:

aspeck

Staff member
My wife just told me if I don't recover soon, she is going to put me up for sale ... but she knows she won't get much, it will have to be a "bargain cave" sale ... as is, no warranty, no return.;):D

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
....and now are you aware that 100% of female iboats members that read yer post want to stab you in the eye with a pencil ! :eek:

Buddy I work in a Jail, Pencils are the least of my worries!!

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Before a man is married he is incomplete. After he is married he is finished.

jbcurt00

Staff member
My wife just told me if I don't recover soon, she is going to put me up for sale ... but she knows she won't get much, it will have to be a "bargain cave" sale ... as is, no warranty, no return.;):D

Yours must know mine, because as soon as I emailed a copy of this to her, she looked at me for a long moment or 2, muttered something about always falling into the sales traps that turns out to be 'last season's fashion' or being unable to stay away from the 'bargain room/rack'......
I suggested she did ok, she could have gotten the same (or less :faint2:) for the same price, so she should look at it like a win..... :whoo:

I'll be asleep on the couch if ya need to find me :watermelon: