Nascar At Martinsville - 4 To Go And Trucks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
From the longest track to the shortest track in the space of a week. 'Dega to Martinsville. This will test the mettle of the Chasers, except for JJ, Dale Jr., Kasey and the Twerp. Those four are no longer chasing the Championship after failing to advance out of the Contender round. They can still still be a factor in this race. In the driver ratings system for Matinsville, JJ is the top ranked, with Jr. and Shrubby in the top ten. Gordon is the top Chaser, followed by Hamlin, for what it's worth.
There are 43 entrants for the 43 starting positions, so all will be starting on Sunday. The Trucks are also running at Martinsville, but no Nationwide. N-Wide returns to action at Texas. Here is the weekend schedule for race 1 of the Eliminator round, courtesy of MRN.

Date
Event
Time
Radio/TV
FRI 10/24​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
12:00 p.m. - 1:20 p.m.​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series Practice​
1:40 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series Final Practice​
3:00 p.m. - 4:25 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Qualifying​
4:40 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
SAT 10/25​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
9:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series Qualifying​
10:15 a.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Final Practice​
12:00 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.​
FS1​
Radio Pre-Race​
1:00 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series Kroger 200
1:30 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
Green Flag​
1:46 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
SUN 10/26​
Radio Pre-Race​
12:30 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race​
ESPN​
1:30 p.m.​
MRN/ESPN​
Green Flag​
1:43 p.m.​
MRN/ESPN​

In the News
  • Getting the important stuff out of the way - Michael Waltrip is still Dancing With The Stars. :doh:
  • After failing post-race inspection, which might have impacted his Chase advancement, Newman and crew were cleared. His car was low on both rear corners, but Nascar ruled it was caused by race contact damage.
  • Crew changes at SHR. After this week's race, Danica and Kurt Busch will swap crew chiefs and road crews, beginning at Texas. The over the wall crews will not be swapped. SHR did something similar prior to the Chase kick-off, with Stewart and Harvick doing some major crew realignment.
  • Speaking of Kurt Busch, he will take part in the Race Of Champions at the Bushy (???) Park Circuit in Barbados in December. Tean USA last won the ROC in 2002, when JJ and Gordon anchored the team.
  • The Dirt - Last week Danica was ticked at Logano after he clipped the #10 and ruined her weekend. She was cleared to seek revenge by her team, but declined because Joey was already guaranteed a spot in the Eliminator round. Logano talked with her and says the hatchet has been buried and the incident is in the past. As of this writing there has been no response from Danica and she may do the hatchet burying at Martinsville. Watch out Joey. :eek:

iboats Fantasy Live
64osby had another good week on the track. He is cruising on top of the overall standings. The situation is beginning to look dire for FlaCowboy. I had a good race week and took home the iron. :first:​

Tnstratofam

Commander
Um am I in the right forum??? I think I used to read this thread in dockside chat.:confused:

GA_Boater

Well, it's non-boating and it's technical. :facepalm: It started in Dockside, I swear. I better call Mayflower.

GA_Boater

Qualifying results - McMurray got the pole, Logano is beside in the #2 spot. Here are the Chaser starting positions, ordered by the points through Talladega, although all eight have 4000 points to start the Eliminator round;

1) #22-Joey Logano, 2nd
2) #4-Kevin Harvick, 33rd
3) #31-Ryan Newman, 9th
4) #11-Denny Hamlin, 5th
5) #20-Matt Kenseth, 3rd
6) #99-Carl Edwards, 11th
7) #24-Jeff Gordon, 13th
8) #2-Brad Keselowski, 6th

GA_Boater

Kenseth and Harvick just had a good one. Harvick's car is messed up.

Best radio comm so far was from Vickers. After Kahne spun him out and his hood flying up later on, he waited for the right moment. Vickers was behind Kahne and lo and behold, he tapped Kasey and put Kasey into the wall. On the radio Vickers told his crew that for some reason his car just wouldn't turn and he couldn't avoid hitting Kahne. :lol:

GA_Boater

Just had a big one for Martinsville. Keso, Danica, Truex, Almarola, Edwards, Kahne and Mears. I think that's all of them. Red flag after Keso broke an axle and caused a up jam up.

GA_Boater

Dale Jr. takes the checkers and Gordon takes 2nd along with the Eliminator round points lead. Harvick and Keso have a deep hole to climb out of and most likely need a win in one of the final two Eliminator races. This is the first win by a non-Chaser since the Chase kicked off this year. Newman, Logano and Kenseth are 2-3-4 on top of the leader points, followed by Hamlin, Edwards, Keso and Harvick.

In our Fantasy Live, QC is the race winner, so an early congrats pending the official results. Overall, osby added about 40 points to his lead over Cowboy.

Go wind your clock, Junior. Your first Martinsville grandfather clock and win.

QC

Supreme Mariner
If only I had this team in the other League. Lost 41 points to the leader. With this team I woulda gained 100 :facepalm:

QC

Supreme Mariner
Yep. Big swing was she had David Ragan and Landon Cassill. I had Michael Annett and Travis Kvlapl. I had Harvick, and she had Jimmy, that was in my favor. We both had Gordon and Keselowski. Ragan stayed out on last caution and finished 10th. Killed me. We were within 10 points prior to that. Early on I was 50 up when Jimmy had his issues. Once Harvick crashed it evened out. On to Texas!

GA_Boater

It can happen to her at Texas. Karma. :smile:

When this new elimination Chase thing started, I thought what a bunch of beeswax. After seeing 7 races, consistency is still the order of the day with added feature of win to advance. Newman and Kenseth are in the thick of things with no wins to date. With two elimination races to go, either one or both could still be in the hunt at Homestead. But one wreck, it's good night nurse as JJ and The Twerp found out and Keso or Harvick could as well. Keso was finished if he didn't win at 'Dega, so once again he's looking for another rabbit at Texas or Phoenix. Harvick is looking for that rabbit, too - Maybe a squirrel will work for him. :rolleyes:

QC

Supreme Mariner
Harvick is deadly at Phoenix. We'll see for sure.

GA_Boater

It's official! QC got the hardware for Martinsville. :first: Congrats and good luck in your other league.

64 is now up by 618 points in the overall race.

It's off to Texas for race two in the Eliminator round.

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
Nice job QC. :joyous:

I gave up trying to figure out what others are picking. Makes me second guess toooooo much.

GA_Boater

You should pick the fork, 64. With three races to go, it's done. :joyous: But you do need to fill the empty spots on the trophy wall. :lol:

aspeck

Staff member
Maybe if osby would get rid of all his guys, or see how little he can spend on 5 racers, and forget the bonus items, maybe some would have a chance at gaining on him!

64osby

Admiral
Maybe if osby would get rid of all his guys, or see how little he can spend on 5 racers, and forget the bonus items, maybe some would have a chance at gaining on him!

:eek:

I almost flagged that post. :D