Prayers for Canada

southkogs

Staff member
All prayers and hopes for safety and peace to our neighbors in Ottawa. Hope everyone is safe and out of the way.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Prayers for the family of the fallen soldier, and for the injured. Prayers for peace to our neighbors in the north.

RGrew176

Commander
Definitely prayers for those in Canada impacted by the terrorist attack on their soil.

Bigprairie1

Commander
As a Canadian it was a really disappointment to hear and watch this unfold on the news.
We have been pretty much immune to this kind of thing and the national 'talk' is try to find a way to not get suddenly paranoid about this kind of event happening here and to have that paranoia start to affect daily life...such as we've known it. Generally we are a pretty peaceful bunch.
That said, this support (see included link) for yesterdays incident from the U.S via the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game has had some great resonance for Canadians and more proof to both Canadians (and Americans) as to why we continue to be the worlds greatest neighbours....despite the occasional disagreement.
Many Thanks Neighbour!
BP

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I have to admit, I got a bit of a lump in my throat during that show of support for Canada. Especially the "we stand on guard for thee" part...

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Cool VID BP.

Living up in Detroit, "neighbor-ship" with Canada was much more natural and eminent day-to-day. I used to to Windsor, London, Pt. Pelee and Toronto as though going to Flint or Toledo. I miss that international friendship that was apparent, especially back during the July 4th Freedom Festival. It was pretty cool to be a part of.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
I seen that cartoon yesterday, Can it be called a cartoon? as they are supposed to make you smile, this one brought tears to my eyes.
What a waste of a good life!
And the (guy) that took that life was no terrorist- just a want to be with mommy/daddy issues.

nwcove

Admiral
I seen that cartoon yesterday, Can it be called a cartoon? as they are supposed to make you smile, this one brought tears to my eyes.

Cartoon is probably not the right word for it. but it sure does evoke some emotion.

southkogs

Staff member
Some of the best cartoonists out there are the more profound commentators on life and society.

roffey

Commander
I work just a block away from where all this happened. After the shooting the shooter jacked a car and drove up to our Parliament building and ran inside, with a riffle in hand.
News reports the shooter was not a terrorist but a mentally unstable homeless man who lived in a shelter downtown Ottawa. Now ask your self how an unbalanced man gets a gun, can walk around the streets and shoot and kill a honor guard then run into the building that the leader of our country is working in, simply amazing and very frighting to think of.

What a week, what a sad week.