2 Police officers shot, Holiday Hills Il.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Normally I wouldn't post something like this accept for the fact that this is 2 houses from my eldest daughters house. I have talked with her and they are OK though she said the shots woke them all up. Which she then called 911 and the operator told her to lock all doors and do not go outside! It's been 8 hrs. and they still do not have the shooter in custody.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
CHICAGO (CBS) — Two police officers were shot early Thursday in a altercation with an armed suspect in McHenry County.
The officers were taken to the hospital, and one was listed in stable condition and the other was in critical, but stable condition, McHenry County Deputy Sheriff Aimee Knop said. The exact nature of their injuries was not immediately available.
A male sheriff’s deputy, a seven-year veteran, was undergoing surgery at Condell Hospital in Libertyville for his injuries on Thursday morning, Knop said.
The other officer is a woman who is a 12-year veteran of the McHenry County Sheriff’s department. She was being treated at Centegra Hospital in McHenry.
The gunman, who was apparently armed with a rifle, has not been apprehended.
Police were called to a home around 1:30 a.m. after receiving a call about a disturbance there. The call came from outside the home, police said.
Two residents of the home, in the 1300 block of West Northeast Shore Drive, were able to get out safely, Knop said.
CBS 2’s Susanna Song was kept about a half mile from the scene in the village of Holiday Hills in unincorporated McHenry County.
The area was being evacuated, but schools are open.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
They captured the shooter last evening, both officers are stable. My daughter, not so much. They have a 9 year old daughter that is deaf and she slept right through it. The grandson didn't.

From what my daughter told me the 1st deputy on the scene after the shooting emptied his pistol into the house so he could pull the 2 fallen deputies from the front yard and to safety.

southkogs

Staff member
^^^ That'll shake you up. I grew up where you could hear that stuff happen every now and again, but I was never close enough to be scared like that.

Glad none of 'em were hurt though, bonz.